+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ability Queueing

Default Ability Queueing

After reading another post on macro lag, I started to wonder about the ability Queue.

I've always played with no queueing. Id this what most of the top rogues are doing? Is there a benefit to using the short or full que?

Which is generally thought to be the best option for premiere DPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

I use short. I tried with full for a while and it was horrible

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I use short. I tried with full for a while and it was horrible
    Opposite to this!
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Koe

Short.

/10chars
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Would it be possible that short/long queue is causing the macro lag?

I was thinking to start using no queue. My logic behind it is that with the queue you will have the next ability ready before a reactive becomes available? Does that make any sense? or how exactly does the queue even work?
    "You lost me at Balance"

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Would it be possible that short/long queue is causing the macro lag?

I was thinking to start using no queue. My logic behind it is that with the queue you will have the next ability ready before a reactive becomes available? Does that make any sense? or how exactly does the queue even work?
    No queue causes the same lag as pairing keen strike in with QS/PS in a macro iirc.

edit: also it compensates for latency
    Last edited by Koe; 02-05-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    No queue causes the same lag as pairing keen strike in with QS/PS in a macro iirc.

edit: also it compensates for latency
    Depends where the "queue" resides. If its local I don't see why it would be different. Might even be more if the local queue needs server validation that the gcd finished before triggering. I haven't tested it, just going by network knowledge

Plane Touched

For me, long causes messed rotations and none causes some abilities to go off slightly less quickly.

Short works the best for me. I play on a ****ty connection though, ~160ms.

I was experimenting with it last night.

I am currently in a VERY laggy setup as I'm in Germany for work and my main form of internet is a spotty 3G hotspot.

On no que I found that I could not starve myself of energy. This is simillar to playing in the states for me as I've never been able to create the energy starvation problems I hear so much about unlesss its an extreme scenario.

On short Que I was able to become energy starved fairly quickly within a BS rotation, and a 51MM rotation using hasted shot.

On Full Que my starvation was near instant on both builds.

I'm thinking that the moment an ability hits the que it is sent to the server. This with my 400ms lag I was able to starve myself faster with short que and almost immediately with full que.

I think that once i'm back in the states i may have to switch to short que and adjust my pacing to compensate for adding an extra qued ability.

What someone needs is to create an addon that shows what is qued better then a glowing blue box on an action bar i rarely look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Plane Touched

Short is the generally best.

With Short you are still able to override the current ability queued by spamming what you want to do, where on full you are pretty much stuck with what ability you have queued.

+ Reply to Thread