+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: They have to fix PVP...

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default They have to fix PVP...

    Even after the "hot fix" I feel flat out useless in WF's. I even run as bard to try and just be relevant at all. I understand you are rewarded for being higher rank with better gear, but I have average seeker/stalker gear at rank 30ish and I'm still practically useless in warfronts. If I was a new player starting at rank 1-20, I would quit this game. Whats the point of PVP'ing as a useless body for days of playtime?

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaltree View Post
    Even after the "hot fix" I feel flat out useless in WF's. I even run as bard to try and just be relevant at all. I understand you are rewarded for being higher rank with better gear, but I have average seeker/stalker gear at rank 30ish and I'm still practically useless in warfronts. If I was a new player starting at rank 1-20, I would quit this game. Whats the point of PVP'ing as a useless body for days of playtime?
    I was killing people NP since R4, You should L2P.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  3. #3
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    I think this topic is a troll o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

  4. #4
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Are you one of those MM just spamming fanout? Because if you are, there is your problem. If not, what is your build?

    And if you run NB/RS, then I cannot help any since I suck at that build. Horribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    I was killing people NP since R4, You should L2P.
    I was R6 (when it was top) before you knew what Rift was, Novice. I know how to play, I can't do anything to change the games RNG moron
    Last edited by Metaltree; 02-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    My daddy can beat up your daddy.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaltree View Post
    I was R6 (when it was top) before you knew what Rift was, Novice. I know how to play, I can't do anything to change the games RNG moron
    I was rudely put, but he might have a point.
    I was screwing around in SS a few days ago, and let a Rank 29 rogue jump me to start a duel - it was much closer than I expected a rank 40 vs a rank 29 fight to be.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    I was rudely put, but he might have a point.
    I was screwing around in SS a few days ago, and let a Rank 29 rogue jump me to start a duel - it was much closer than I expected a rank 40 vs a rank 29 fight to be.
    Vs certain opponents my final blow CRIT was for 600.... this wasn't the case pre-patch
    Last edited by Metaltree; 02-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaltree View Post
    I was R6 (when it was top) before you knew what Rift was, Novice. I know how to play, I can't do anything to change the games RNG moron
    You been playing since before Closed Beta? Damn. Not like it makes you any good since you are having problems in PvP.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  10. #10
    Plane Walker DiamondDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    406

    Default ...

    I spam fan out due to sheer boredom
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Onem3o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    I have found 51 NightBlade 15 BladeDancer is a great build for WF's if you dont want to run a RS sub soul. It does a very good amount of burst and there is great backloaded dps. I have been running it for a few days and it a fun spec that will drop a healer pretty fast. Getting 20 SoD procs is the key along with the 25% Bonus AP from BladeDancer on you Builder and Finishers and on top of that the 15% dex from BladeDancer. You also get a good gap closer and some good CD's if your healer is not that great. The one thing this spec is not good for is S&B warriors but other Rogues and Mages go down pretty fast and Clerics go down at a good pace. Its a very fun spec and is nice to be able to play 51NB since it was always one of my favorit souls. I just never liked to play it with RS since it was just not right for a while.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    51nb/15rs works good as well. You get a gap closer, escape blink, and rift scavenger adds a ton of survivability

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Onem3o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default 51 NightBlade 15 BladeDancer 0 RiftStalker

    Yeah but I do much more Burst with the 25% AP Bonus, 15% Dex bonus, +40 Dex buff and gap closer / root from Bladedancer. I just feel its the most bang for your buck for 15 points with a melee build. I do use Riftstalker as my 0 pointer in 51 Nightblade / 15 Bladedancer / 0 Riftstalker for the port when needed.

    The main thing about 51 Nightblade / 15 Bladedancer / 0 Riftstalker in WF's is you need good healers on your team. I did a few WF's tonight and I was taking down healer after healer. Having 20 SoD procs is a lot more then it sounds and with SoD being back-loaded burst it works out great on Mages and after tonight I found it works great on Clerics too, I just had to get used to the build. Rogues drop just as fast but like I said before S&B warriors can be a real pain.

    If you can keep your CD's under control and keep a close eye on SoD, DtD, Living Flame and Fiery Spike you should be good to go. Also make sure Heat Retention is at 5 stacks before using SoD it makes a good difference (be sure to cast Fiery Spike right after using SoD since it does not proc Lingering Flame and you will lose your 3x Fiery spike). If you can find a pocket healer I think this is one of the best WF builds for bringing down healers and you dont have much buffs to rebuff when purged. It works very well for me anyway but I have always liked NB and now there is a good reason to use it.

  14. #14
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Rogues are jn real good place of all classes in 1.7.

    Healing Clerics still trump all, but their damage specs while competative don't compare to Rogues.

    And then you have the crap tier, where Warriors and Mages fight for the place at rock bottom for QQ rights on the forums.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    Yeah but I do much more Burst with the 25% AP Bonus, 15% Dex bonus, +40 Dex buff and gap closer / root from Bladedancer. I just feel its the most bang for your buck for 15 points with a melee build. I do use Riftstalker as my 0 pointer in 51 Nightblade / 15 Bladedancer / 0 Riftstalker for the port when needed.

    The main thing about 51 Nightblade / 15 Bladedancer / 0 Riftstalker in WF's is you need good healers on your team. I did a few WF's tonight and I was taking down healer after healer. Having 20 SoD procs is a lot more then it sounds and with SoD being back-loaded burst it works out great on Mages and after tonight I found it works great on Clerics too, I just had to get used to the build. Rogues drop just as fast but like I said before S&B warriors can be a real pain.

    If you can keep your CD's under control and keep a close eye on SoD, DtD, Living Flame and Fiery Spike you should be good to go. Also make sure Heat Retention is at 5 stacks before using SoD it makes a good difference (be sure to cast Fiery Spike right after using SoD since it does not proc Lingering Flame and you will lose your 3x Fiery spike). If you can find a pocket healer I think this is one of the best WF builds for bringing down healers and you dont have much buffs to rebuff when purged. It works very well for me anyway but I have always liked NB and now there is a good reason to use it.
    Yea ill be giving that a try, I tried 15sin first, then 15rs, BD will be next. For pugging rift scavenger is great though.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts