+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RS 31pt

Default RS 31pt

Hey, I came across this suggestion buried within a guide and I thought it was a good idea.

I dunno if anyone saw this but the 31 point riftstalker talent really sucks so I think a change would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin911
    Seriously, this skill has been in the Riftstalker soul long enough. It is not completely useless but it could be improved in many ways. People have suggested replacing it with the Saboteur 5 Rapid setup ability and making that ability only usable outside combat. This would allow us to start a fight with our RiftGuard up instead of requiring us to constantly begin with a cooldown until our finishers our up. Ironically, having planar switch in the Saboteur Tree may not be a bad idea either for saboteurs. There are many situations where you start implementing charges on a target but have to detonate early because it is near death. There's the other case when you put 5 shrapnels on a target that strays away from most of the other targets (the tanking is holding threat on all of them but the specific one you have 5 charges on isn't centered so your detonate won't hit the whole pack). Planar Switch would help this case a great deal and being the state of Saboteurs in PvP right now it may actually improve them in that aspect as well.

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jhazvhug View Post
    Hey, I came across this suggestion buried within a guide and I thought it was a good idea.

I dunno if anyone saw this but the 31 point riftstalker talent really sucks so I think a change would be good.
    Given that Rift Guard now applies on blinks or Guarded Steel, this quote is a tad outdated. Also, it can be pointed out that you only need one combo point to put up Guarded Steel since the other points only increase the damage of said attack, not the buff.

Sab is what it is currently. If they are actually looking into it like they say for 1.8, perhaps it will become something other than an Estrode build.
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

I agree the 31pt sucks, but I think the copy and paste is from a few patches ago. Riftguard is up the moment you plane shift in. As well guarded steel only requires one combo point to get the full duration.

You don't really need to be able to pre-cast Rift Guard now that it procs off of plane shifts - it used to be more of an issue when plane shifts just gave you a crappy version of your barrier and Rift Guard was a finisher itself, but now you can just Shadow Blitz in and immediately use your first 2cp on Guarded Steel while you build your points up.

yeah i know it's outdated and i probably shouldnt have quoted the entire thing but the switch between planar switch and rapid setup sounds good i think

Rift Disciple

Single target pull or some other utility would be more useful than combo points, since there's not much to do with them anymore.

31pt abilities are supposed to be class defining right? I haven't had planar switch on my bar for months.....
    <Everlasting Vendetta> -- Greybriar-PvE
    Noxus - Mathosian Warrior - 2/4 FT, 4/4 ToSQ, 2/5 EE

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Thoon View Post
    31pt abilities are supposed to be class defining right?
    Says who?
    /10chars
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread