+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow

Thread: New spec. with stealth

Soulwalker

Default New spec. with stealth

found out that with no T4 gear a 51 assassin and 15 bladedancer spec can kick some dps *** with. i can pull 1600 with no buffs or cooldowns. for third spec i chose marksman so i have a ranged builder. sooo nice

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins602 View Post
    found out that with no T4 gear a 51 assassin and 15 bladedancer spec can kick some dps *** with. i can pull 1600 with no buffs or cooldowns. for third spec i chose marksman so i have a ranged builder. sooo nice
    I think you and I have different thresholds for kickass.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I think you and I have different thresholds for kickass.
    Your standards of kickass have raised my standards and made my previous pride in my gear to wanting to constantly improve. In other words, I felt fine until I found out I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    Your standards of kickass have raised my standards and made my previous pride in my gear to wanting to constantly improve. In other words, I felt fine until I found out I wasn't.
    He has a point, even though he chose to make it in his usual charming fashion. 1600 self-buffed on a dummy is the absolute bare minimum I'd consider even remotely near acceptable for a DPS spec in that sort of gear. If you're going to brag about your "kickass" new spec on the forums, you should at least test it against the other common builds before getting over-excited about it.

Boring as it may sound, there's a reason that the most popular builds are... well, popular. While it's commendable to want to try and come up with something new, it helps to understand what's actually good about the existing builds in the first place before you just start throwing points around and thinking you're doing it right. And if you don't know what sort of DPS you "should" be pulling for your gear level, you have no basis to compare it to.

Telaran

You could go with Ranger as your third soul and have a ranged combo builder and finisher~

+ Reply to Thread