+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are MM faring PvP

Default How are MM faring PvP

Just interested to get MM impressions of performance in pvp - after15 BGs ive not had a hit or crit for more than
    500 - 1034ap %41.02 crit and using the whole suite of MM shots - nearly cried when i saw ES crit for 18
    Last edited by betty; 02-03-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

I haven't lost a beat. If anything I feel a bit less squishier with the PvP tree we have.

It's nice to see more than just a bunch of rogues in warfronts now. I've been seeing a lot of warriors and quiet a few mages of late.

All in all I liked the patch and I like the changes now that the valor issue has been hotfixed.

Plane Walker

Standing still helps.Also troll tanks should just be ignored to the point where they shouldn't even be able to be imprinted in your retina(s).

To derp point, MM is faring pretty well when now as hp pool has gone up a bit. Sadly the valor changes did a little on MM output so now my usual swift shot that was doing 500+em seems looks to be 300+side of chili fries.

So I switched to nb/rs.

I crit some cleric for 4k with Deadeye before they lowered valor today....Not sure how I did it but I think it was a combination of Silver Tipped/Focused Intent/Shadow Fire + Baddie.

Not much of a change really from pre-patch.

Prophet of Telara

Came back from a few month break, and Trion seems to have ruined the game. As far as MM goes, it seems pretty gimp, but if you get 2-3 shooting one person they might die...eventually. Damage seems to have gone down significantly across all Rogue souls since I last played, and healing seems to keep people alive forever again.

lgw

Huh ?

MM = best damage build in 1.7 for all classes
    (followed by some Rogue melee variants and Cleric range nukers)

Just don't gear like a glass cannon and look surprised if you are killed fast. Build for sturdiness, use all your tools and simply accept that you won't kill a fully geared and healed PVPer solo. Eradicate and move on.

44mm 22sin 0rs is the best all-purpose PvP build I have on any of my 4 characters. If you're having trouble, it's not MM to blame.

And... it's still fun. The mobility is obnoxious. The damage is good. The utility is solid, and now we get the free cleanse from the PA PvP tree.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Ascendant

I'm lazy and I run 51/15 MM/RNG. I use a 3/4 HK ranger crystal for the AP bonus + the instant cast (4 piece is useless, so I go for more valor). A method I use if I want to do some bit of "burst" damage is to build up to 5 CP -> Bull's Eye + DES -> Instant cast Shadow Fire -> Instant cast Splinter Shot -> some builder -> RFS.

Usually that's not required as the DES -> Shadow Fire usually does the trick in finishing some people off, if not, then it at least scares them into running away for awhile. ;D
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-06-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Eradicate first, crit 3k Deadeye afterwards. Easy stuff

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Rift Disciple

Use runspeed to circle around back, eradicate the healers HOTs, silence them if they try to cast anything and splat them. Let teammates mop up now that the other team doesn't have a healer.

Champion

Depends on the player.

Its a shadow of what 51mm/15infil used to be in 1.6

You're kidding yourself if you think you're still doling out as much punishment as before.

It still works decently well. And like others said it all boils down to the individual player.

But in terms of raw math, we got beat over the head with the pvp PA. We get gimped versions of everything we would use from 15 infil, aside from the still useless anathema.

Focus intent stacks 5 times at 1% each for a grand total of +5% damage... instead of 10 times at 2% each for a total of +20%.

Cleanse soul's immunity got nerfed from 5s to 1s.

One second? Really? One second. ONE.

And you lose out on other little bits ike 6% dmg to players (though that can be compensated for) 10% extra crit damage and 10% armor penetration... which are irreplaceable atm as 51mm.

So our raw damage output potential got ding'd pretty heavily. Paired with raised valor and more HP for everyone, people don't really keel over dead anymore.

But they still die.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    Just interested to get MM impressions of performance in pvp - after15 BGs ive not had a hit or crit for more than
    500 - 1034ap %41.02 crit and using the whole suite of MM shots - nearly cried when i saw ES crit for 18
    If you have it.. run HK 4 piece with the rest being pvp gear. You'll have good health, decent valor, and enough pop to melt folks.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

erad, erad, erad erad,
    NUKE
    on to the next one....

+ Reply to Thread