+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q on using these macros effectively

Rift Disciple

Default Q on using these macros effectively

I am following the Cuisine Art guide here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ove-rogue.html

I have my level 40 rogue built per the guide and created the macros shown:

B-Att
    #show Keen Strike
    cast Disengage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Flash of Steel
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

B-Int
    #show Weapon Barrage
    cast Disassemble
    cast Weapon Barrage

B-Shift - In defensive spec, add Shadow Blitz to top.
    #show Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Shift

B-AOE
    #show Twin Strike
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

Till now I have only been playing Ranger/MM/Bard so am not familiar with the new attacks.
    Watching the videos (for example) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5bFcWpjS-M

I see that my skill in USING the macos is lacking badly. I am not sure which of the above macros he is using, in what order and for how long etc:

Not sure if the author is still using these forums, havent heard back from him yet.

If any of you are able/willing, here are the questions I asked the author:

1) How often and in what order to hit the macros?
    2) What situations do you use your macros in? (Except for the one marked AOE, are the rest just for single targets?
    3) How do you know when to stop hitting one macro and start with the next? (Sorry again for being such a newb).
    4) What about Guardian Phase and Stalker Phase - which do you run?
    5) What about Blade Tempo and Side Steps? Should they be in the macros?

Thanks in advance.

B-Att
    #show Keen Strike
    cast Disengage
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Reprisal

Flash of Steel is a gap closer keep it seperate.
    Precision Strike is your strongest filler, save it for after your Deadly Dance buff
    Reprisal is off GCD stick it at the bottom of a Macro so that it doesn't cause any hiccups

B-Shift - In defensive spec, add Shadow Blitz to top.
    #show Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Shift

Shadow Stalk is a Break Free you don't want to not macro that one unless you are sure you won't be getting CC'ed

B-AOE
    #show Twin Strike
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

B-Int
    Just scratch it, a Dissarm and a Silence have different purposes and shouldn't be used mindlessly.

1) How often and in what order to hit the macros?
    ST spam B-Att to five CP and then use Deadly Strike, followed by Precision Strike.

2) What situations do you use your macros in? (Except for the one marked AOE, are the rest just for single targets?
    shift is to keep up Ruthless Stalker and close gaps, Att is for ST, AOE is for AOE.

3) How do you know when to stop hitting one macro and start with the next? (Sorry again for being such a newb).
    If you are either ST,AOE, Ruthless Stalker is about to drop, you have 5 cps.

4) What about Guardian Phase and Stalker Phase - which do you run?
    Depends on what you want to do, most likely Stalker Phase. Guardian Phase if you need to be Tanky

5) What about Blade Tempo and Side Steps? Should they be in the macros?
    You can add Blade Tempo if it is for PvE, if not keep it seperate so that you can use it when more damage is needed. Side steps shouldn't be macroed it is an avoidance ability.

Note: I didn't look at the spec or the guide, just from what you are saying this is what I see wrong with it.
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Disciple

OK thanks a bunch. I also saw after looking at his videos that he is using some 40+ abilities I don't have yet (hence the ability to take on 10 at a time).

During the youtube video he presented the build as being pretty easy to use and requiring not a lot of thought. Seems to me that this is a lot harder (for me, now at least) than the ranger spec, but again watching the videos, potentially a lot better.

I'll keep working with it.

Rift Disciple

Another question. For aoe-ing small groups, it seems that were depending on 1 mob dying with combo points left on it to scavenge health with Deadly Dance. We only have 2 aoe attacks (win Strike, Rift Disturbance) the later on a long-ish timer...and if all the mobs are getting hit at the same rate (more or less), we're not going to get any health back till they are all pretty close to dead (and so am I). So I am guessing you somehow want to keep aoe up but also make some mobs die earlier. Any suggestions on the best way to handle this with a level 40 toon as linked above?
    Last edited by riftyman; 02-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Telaran

Cuisinart build is wonderful for the fact that you can customize it to your own needs so easily. It offers dmg and survivability in the same build in different degrees depending on how you use your soulpoints. You should really get comfortable with the build before going out asking what to use and such. (not in any way saying l2p or anything) Just to get the hang of the abilities in use of the build. I for one use rather heavy bd version of my own spun from the original version and have been happy with it since ages ago. The point is that if you feel in the need for more survivability than the original offers, spend more points than advised in rift stalker tree. More damage? A bit more in sin tree will help you after the suggested. Seeing yourself energystarved? Look what bd has to offer. Thing is first and foremost to learn your trees first and after that to adjust in to the spesifics. In regards for the macros used I've found the original is pretty much spot on. I do keep flash of steel in my st macro just because of the volume of gapclosers I can't really run out of them with my build and flash of steel gives you 2cp which will shorten the time between deadly dances. I use a version that to a degree benefits greatly from stealth in sin so I try to open with assasinate or paralyzing strike if there are 3 opponents. Use the 45s stun for your own benefit in group fights. If used don't press aoe macro as that would only get one more enemy on to you. I like to use the aoe macro for getting the first 5cop just to use deadly dance to get the massive boost in dmg. After that I target one of the mob and mowe them down. If I feel like something bad is going to happen, I have more mobs with less than 100% hp to heal me with rift scavenge. Learn to manage your cp:s to get the best out off that ability and you'll walk out with full hp every time. Anyways these are just small hints that you would have known by yourself had you learned the trees which is the key, not what-button-to-smash-at-given-time.

Rift Disciple

Your right of course. I don't know what the heck I am doing. It occurred to me (probably obvious to those that have played this, which I haven't) that you probably want to gather up mobs and damage them at varying levels so they die at different times. Guess I will just start slow with low mobs and try to get the hang of this.

+ Reply to Thread