+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Nnnxia
  • 4 Post By Zyzyx
  • 1 Post By TekBlk
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Can we have infinite energy too?

Default Can we have infinite energy too?

Clerics. Check

Mages. Check

Now Warriors. Check

Next Rogues?

Thanks.

energy starved in:

nightblade
    assasin/rs
    ranger
    with cloro/bard

marksman when using empowered shot without cloro/bard

farm spec when soloing (combat culmination change)

EDIT: I'm popping tablets like candy!
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 02-03-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Which is why I only play blade dancer melee build, it's about the only one not energy starved that's not ranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

If we weren't so energy starved it would be nice, we actually might be more competitive in dps.

Still laughing a little that warriors got a dps nerf ,intentional or not, and in a few days it was fixed.

WTS: ~300 tablets.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

Telaran

At this point Power does not even factor into the game for warriors anymore, I see a lot of warriors opting out of planar blade in PVP because they can't run out of power if they try.

It would be nice to balance this out, spending 25p+ per raid to use my good builds is rather annoying, when warriors already didn't have to do that and they get a buff that was rather not needed. Our energy starvation has always been far more severe than warriors, because our skills take up almost half of our energy bar, and we have a shorter GCD.

I would like to see rogue regen go up to like...28-29e/s this would give us no (or at least less) energy starvation with ST skills, but starve us with our melee AOE attacks (which is how warriors used to be, but they didn't want them starved with no tablet spamming AOE either? So maybe we should do like 35e/s and be balanced...but after playing a rogue for so long I realize that we are the forgotten child and just get the table scraps that warriors leave behind from their buffs).

Fair? Would like some devs to comment so that we can know why or why not it's viable for rogues to get similar treatment.

I'd rather they just nerf the other classes back down. It's a good thing to have to make a decision about energy management when crafting a new build, and it's also a good thing for people who are willing to farm/buy every possible raid buff to be able to see the fruits of that labor.

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    I'd rather they just nerf the other classes back down. It's a good thing to have to make a decision about energy management when crafting a new build, and it's also a good thing for people who are willing to farm/buy every possible raid buff to be able to see the fruits of that labor.
    Save for the fact that in nearly all of our "viable" builds, they are still starved. Scale back the costs and we might actually be able to open up a greater range of choice for our players. Imagine that, a game with such a diverse skill and soul system allowing players to chose a build that fits their play style....
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    ^This IMO. Its a failure of Trion's that most of the classes in this game have infinite resources. That said, with rogue DPS where it is atm i wouldn't expect any tune ups.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    ^This IMO. Its a failure of Trion's that most of the classes in this game have infinite resources. That said, with rogue DPS where it is atm i wouldn't expect any tune ups.
    The only problem is that we are the only ones without infinite resources, and they can't back off on the buff now because Warriors would cry too much, so it's just going to be unbalanced forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    energy starved in:

nightblade
    assasin/rs
    ranger
    with cloro/bard

marksman when using empowered shot without cloro/bard

farm spec when soloing (combat culmination change)

EDIT: I'm popping tablets like candy!
    Riftstalker.

lol @ trying to keep Planar Vortex up without an energy buff.

Having a resource bar - whatever the class - is pointless if it never runs out.

While I appreciate that they want to balance casters around the 10-minute fights that are becoming the norm in later tier raiding, giving them infinite mana is not the way to do it. You shouldn't just be able to spam your max DPS/healing rotation constantly, you should have to switch between "burn" and "conserve" rotations and actually manage your mana usage.

But this obsession with letting casters spam continually means that their MP may as well not exist now, and this has started feeding down to the classes who have an infinite resource with a limit on how much you can pool/regen. The whole point of this resource mechanic is, surely, to put a restriction on how many skills you can spam in a given timeframe over and above their cooldowns, no?

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Such is the plight of the Rift Rogue archetype.

We seem to be pushed into more 51 point builds than any other calling.

We have about worthless souls that have been that way for awhile.

We are resource starved now like no other.

Stealth and Bard.
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

+ Reply to Thread