+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo Build advice

Shadowlander

Default Solo Build advice

I am sorting out a new Solo Build

I have created a few specs that in my mind look really good on paper, but as I am still new at all this theorycrafting I wanted some help.

My goal is to peel mobs out of packs, and then kill them. If I get multiples then still have a few AE moves to survive. I will most likely be doing allot of soloing in EI with these builds, but I did try to make them with an eye towards being able to help out in random Public Raids without having to jump back to my 51 MM build (which I love).

(I don't always like to switch roles when jumping in and out of invasions as sometimes its just not feasible to do.)

Build #1
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xIxhu0zV.x0x0V

This appears to me to have a good amount of Dodge, Hit, Armor penetration, and even some "slight" healing. I can't really predict the down time involved after every pull, and that worries me some.

Build #2
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.V0xGzRz.x0x

This one is more AE it appears, and I can't really be certain how well it will do on Single targets, but tossing it up there.

Build #3
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zdR.VoxI0R.x0x

Assassin Build because I do so love Leeching Poison and the trickle of health it feeds. I am leery of this build as I was really only taking it for Leeching Poison, but that just doen'st seem to heal for enough. Also, I am not really a Stealth player :-/
    I was a tank for so many years in EQ, DAoC, and WoW, that I just can't wrap my brain around being all ninja-esque, I just want to jump at the mob and kill it!

I really appreciate your guys help on this, please share your thoughts on Rotations and what not as well.

Just use the build in my guide and kill the whole pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Just use the build in my guide and kill the whole pack.
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but if I wanted to use your build I wouldn't have spent the time making those and writing a post about them

I want to learn and work out this stuff without going back to WoW-Cookie-Cutter mode

Quote Originally Posted by Sennex View Post
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but if I wanted to use your build I wouldn't have spent the time making those and writing a post about them

I want to learn and work out this stuff without going back to WoW-Cookie-Cutter mode
    Well I've spent a ton of time figuring out the best spec to solo mobs in EI.

The poblem with your builds is that marksman's aoe doesn't generate combo points. Without the combo points you won't get heals from rift scavenger. This is why I use blade dancer in mine. The added dodge and reduced damage taken help when farming as well. The other thing is no leeching poison in your first two builds without that you won't survive long enough versus a big pack of mobs on ember island to get heals from rift scavenger.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 02-03-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Shadowlander

I didn't know that, thank you.

I wasn't really planning on using the "Fan Out" other than maybe to pull. My focus was more so get the mobs attention to come to me, or meet me halfway sort of thing so I could kill them.

Instead of getting 4-5 mobs, I would only get 1-2.

Playing with 51 MM I have noticed this is pretty easy to do, you just need some Melee ability to survive.

+ Reply to Thread