+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimboTCB

Thread: Saboteur range

  1. #1
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default Saboteur range

    I've been messing around testing out different Saboteur builds and I noticed that it doesn't benefit from the +5m from MM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6gUM8jZOA4 In that video, you see that the charges use ranged weapon while at range (well known for a long time), so why wouldn't it benefit from the +5m? This video shows that doesn't, in case anyone needs proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lX-FSAgtG0
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  2. #2
    Plane Walker DiamondDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    406

    Default ..

    Sab should have the same range as every other archer. A dev was butt-hurt last year and nerfed them. Hence, no one plays them now, Devs have no desire to change it. Crazy that no one plays a soul in a year and yet they don't address it.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Sab should have the same range as every other archer. A dev was butt-hurt last year and nerfed them. Hence, no one plays them now, Devs have no desire to change it. Crazy that no one plays a soul in a year and yet they don't address it.
    QFT

    /10chars
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Sab should have the same range as every other archer. A dev was butt-hurt last year and nerfed them. Hence, no one plays them now, Devs have no desire to change it. Crazy that no one plays a soul in a year and yet they don't address it.
    Wonder what game I'm playing my saboteur in then. We get range talents too, you know. Would be nice if they were merged, but even now they give us plenty of range.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Because charges are neither melee nor ranged attacks. They are a poison. They benefit from your main hand weapons dps if you have no points in ranger or marksman, ortherwise they gain your ranged weapons dps, but only at the point in time they are detonated, not applied. This is why most talents do not affect them, such as the mm increased range talent.

  6. #6
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentnights View Post
    Because charges are neither melee nor ranged attacks. They are a poison. They benefit from your main hand weapons dps if you have no points in ranger or marksman, ortherwise they gain your ranged weapons dps, but only at the point in time they are detonated, not applied. This is why most talents do not affect them, such as the mm increased range talent.
    So... Sab is a shoddily implemented turd of a soul that nobody cares about any more?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    So... Sab is a shoddily implemented turd of a soul that nobody cares about any more?
    Apparently.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  8. #8
    Telaran FishBlaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    <---- still uses sabo as his main spec dps.
    its about 200 dps under mm but alot more fun to play.

    the best way to fix sabo is take detonate off the global cd.
    and up the charge damage by 10%.

    it would then be inline with mm and other builds.
    and enough with the damn bomb damage buffs. only 2 bombs in sabo are even worth a damn and still they are hardly ever used. ( in raids )

    Click the sig to see all my builds gear and other info about my char.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts