+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Does Anyone Actually Enjoy Playing Rogue Here?

Plane Walker

Default Does Anyone Actually Enjoy Playing Rogue Here?

Does anyone actually enjoy endgame p38+ pvp on their rogue now? It's worthless. I was waiting for p7 to change my mind before letting my sub expire but it pretty much only reinforced the fact that I'm pretty much done with this crap. Anyone know of any new WoW/Rift-like MMO's due to come out soon?

Yes. I love PvPing on my Marksman.
    ~Quiescent

I just wish they would fix sab to be good in pvp so I can do something during those big heal fests in scion and library. Fan out just doesn't kill big groups of people like path of the hurricane, sc, or cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I just wish they would fix sab to be good in pvp so I can do something during those big heal fests in scion and library. Fan out just doesn't kill big groups of people like path of the hurricane, sc, or cab.
    If they fixed Sab in PvP, I probably would suffer sleep deprivation. Although, since no one can die these days anyway, maybe I'll play a sab. Nobody dies so no one can ***** at me for playing a "noob spec" in warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

I have been killing in WF's of corse not as much as before but I find it more fun the way it is now. The only thing I do not find fun at all is Cleric Healing being very very very OP right now. It is just way to easy mode for Clerics, they sit there and type to you and laugh at everyone trying to kill them. Besides fixing Cleric healing trion should buff mana draining spells. It would help bring down Clerics faster since it is the only way I am able to kill them in WF's now.

Not at all, but then i don't enjoy PvP on any class in any MMO ever, so i am probably a bad example.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Absolutely, everything else feels too slow to play after playing rogue for so long.
    Having other classes at 50 is a nice break sometimes, but the novelty fades and I'm back to rogue before I hit r6.

PvP has always been enjoyable on rogue, even during 1.3-1.4 when we were at our least effective point I've always enjoyed rogue PvP.
    Now, PvE on the other hand, yeah **** that noise, rogue was horrible unfun garbage 1.2 up to 1.5 for pve.

(Gear)

I'd almost say 1.3-1.4 was our most effective state. As far as PVP goes. I loved 18mm/33nb/15infil. It was alot more enjoyable, and better imo then 51/15 is/was.

That spec honestly died tho with the addition of Vampiric, and the lose of the original Single Minded focus/changing of Master Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    I'd almost say 1.3-1.4 was our most effective state. As far as PVP goes. I loved 18mm/33nb/15infil. It was alot more enjoyable, and better imo then 51/15 is/was.

That spec honestly died tho with the addition of Vampiric, and the lose of the original Single Minded focus/changing of Master Archer.
    /agree I loved that spec. On the bright side now that we can have Anathema in every role without sacrificing anything maybe we won't be stuck with only 2 or 3 options for DPS in PvP.

I didn't mind that the game seemed to have slowed down a bit in PvP the first 2 or 3 times but after sitting in Whitefall for 20 minutes while both sides turtled the flags with a 15k hp tank and a couple healers I was glad to see they are lowering the valor somewhat.

I never really understood why they felt they needed to raise valor to begin with. Wasn't it enough that they have made it so so SO much easier to get the gear.

Nerfing Cleanse Soul made me do a sadface also.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Yes. I love PvPing on my Marksman.
    this ^

/10char

Ascendant

love my melee roque, its a blast. Good support, good cc, good burst, anything you want, even good survivability ...

Shadowlander

Default I do

I love playing my rogue, you have alot of options, I mostly play melee, cause Im a charge in type not a run around type(did that in eq with my necro). You have so much to choose from, some is stronger then others, but you should be able to find something that works and is fun both. Danity

I love my rogue in all manner of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

General of Telara

I enjoy it more after 1.7 for sure

Rift Chaser

I enjoy it and I run PVE specs in WF's. I do it for a change of pace so to me it is not a big part of the game but something else for me to level up and mess around with when I do not feel like pve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast