+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: {BUG} Sword PAs not working.

Champion

Default {BUG} Sword PAs not working.

After our last raid, and analyzing the parses of our other rogues (who all use daggers), and was wondering why my abilities were critting much lower then they should be, as opposed to my guild mates.

These tests were done on the same "Boss Practice Dummy" with no debuffs.

So, to test this I went and got a white sword from the weapon merchant in meridian

Hermit's Sword (2.1 DPS)
    No stats

In a 0/0/0 Soul, at 728 AP, with no buffs or trinket, and no offhand equipped. I crit with Savage Strike for 200 damage exactly.

To compare against this, I went and purchased a dagger from the auction house.

Noble Dagger of the Sovereign (8.9 DPS)
    +7 Int
    +5 Wis
    +7 End
    +84 Spell Power

In the same 0/0/0 Soul still at 728 AP, still with no buffs/trinket/off-hand, I crit for Savage Strike for 208 Damage.

Now, unless im missing something I am not receiving my PA bonus to Swords, which is currently maxed (6.8 DPS). I tested this also, by re-equipping my ranged weapon then the main hand (the old bug which would cancel out your PA bonus) and received the same results. My Attack Power NEVER CHANGED during the two parses.

The Sword being at 2.1 DPS parsed against the Dagger at 8.9 DPS (Difference of 6.8), should be equal correct?

Please look into this Trion, thank you for your time.

Telaran

Bump .

Daggers are killing parses somehow.

Need more people to test it and see how it turns out.

I think it might have something to do with the weapons you tested.

I tested molten brand vs savage beast carver and my savage strikes with the sword did more damage.(I have sword pa's maxed and only half of the dagger pa's.)

Give me a week or so to max the dagger pa's and I'll have more conclusive evidence.

EDIT: I'd test this on the pts ,but it seems regulos has destroyed meridian there.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 02-02-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I think it might have something to do with the weapons you tested.

I tested molten brand vs savage beast carver and my savage strikes with the sword did more damage.(I have sword pa's maxed and only half of the dagger pa's.)

Give me a week or so to max the dagger pa's and I'll have more conclusive evidence.
    They probably did more damage because of the variation in attack power.

Unless im clearly misunderstanding how DPS on weapons works, it is clearly bugged.

Holding out for that relic sword for the stats has really done me a ton of good! ./wrist

Does dps PA stack with whetstones? I have been told yes and no by different people. I am trying to figer out if its worth putting points into dagger dps if I use whetstones.

Champion

Parses were done without whetstones either..

Should have stated that in the OP, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    They probably did more damage because of the variation in attack power.

Unless im clearly misunderstanding how DPS on weapons works, it is clearly bugged.

Holding out for that relic sword for the stats has really done me a ton of good! ./wrist
    I had the same attack power. I just siwtched them from mh to oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    Does dps PA stack with whetstones? I have been told yes and no by different people. I am trying to figer out if its worth putting points into dagger dps if I use whetstones.
    But yes, PA weapon DPS is intended to stack with Whetstones.

The consumable you can get in the PA tree that is equivalent to fine whetstones, is not stackable with crafted whets though.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I had the same attack power. I just siwtched them from mh to oh.
    Ahh, ok.

WTB a Soliton Blade, pst

RIFT Guide Writer

I did some testing with keen strike. I have maxed dagger dps from and 0.4 sword dps from PA. I bought white weapons from npc; 2.2 dps dagger, 2.1 dps sword, 9.4 dps dagger and 9.5 dps sword.

2.2 dagger: 233
    2.1 sword: 221
    9.4 dagger: 262
    9.5 sword: 248

These are very interesting results since if we look at the damage gain from PA it is just 12 or 14 for 6 PA dps (the difference between different weapon types). Then 7.2/7.4 weapon dps increase from the actual weapon is 27 or 29 damage.

So I would say it's not just sword dps PAs that are broken, it's all of them and we are getting much less from them than the tooltips say.

I was a sword rogue before 1.7 but I switched. I tested daggers and redid my planar attunement and for Pvp daggers are best for some reason. I also respeced into air and maxed pvp.
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Please do your test with a 0/0/0 soul.

Hit dummy with keen strike until a crit

((((weapon_dps + pa_dps) * 3.6) - 87.5) + (ap * 0.15) + skill_max_dmg) * 1.5 = expected crit

Got it? Awesome.
    I make lots of money I make more money than you, I drive around in my limo that's what I was born to do,
    and I might like you better if we fought together, if its not to be you know I got something better for you,
    NAKED PICTURES OF YOUR MOTHER!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I did some testing with keen strike. I have maxed dagger dps from and 0.4 sword dps from PA. I bought white weapons from npc; 2.2 dps dagger, 2.1 dps sword, 9.4 dps dagger and 9.5 dps sword.

2.2 dagger: 233
    2.1 sword: 221
    9.4 dagger: 262
    9.5 sword: 248

These are very interesting results since if we look at the damage gain from PA it is just 12 or 14 for 6 PA dps (the difference between different weapon types). Then 7.2/7.4 weapon dps increase from the actual weapon is 27 or 29 damage.

So I would say it's not just sword dps PAs that are broken, it's all of them and we are getting much less from them than the tooltips say.
    Oops forgot 1.6 sword PA I had so it's actually 2 sword dps. It's still not working properly though with PA dps giving lesser benefits than actual weapon dps. My first guess is that the portion of dps that comes from PA does not receive crit modifier.

Champion

derp derp derp

6.4 DPS is attained via PA, not 6.8

regardless, the numbers are still off IMO.

needs to be looked into by someone better with numbers then me (Durango, where are you! )

Qan

I would test this on PTS but it appears Akylios has killed most of the NPCS inside the main Sanctum building...
    Including all the class trainers.
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/867...0203005717.jpg
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast