+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hunt55511

Thread: Warrior problems

Telaran

Default Warrior problems

Im a 48mm/14rng/4sin Just hit 50 about 3 days ago, on my way i saved up enough to buy the r3r4 seditions set including rings and necklace, for weapon im using 2 low tier purple axe, and abyssal musket from AH. currently im at 1150 valor, 600 crit 600 ap, 65 hit, 60 vengence.

Story is i just encountered a tank warrior in world pvp. After a few hits on him doing no dmg he knew im a noob, then he started trolling me and just stood there. Im talking literally stood there for a full minute didnt cast anything and i took his hp down to about 75%. I knew he must have had a full heal with the pally tree anyways so i was like *** it.

I know my build and gear isnt all that good but god damn? If i do the calculations even if i had full r8 gear i wouldn't be able to take him down. Just wondering are you rogues out there able to take down tank warriors? or are they just a natural counter to rogue?

They can't do any significant damage past 20m, kite them forever.

(Gear)

Warriors in these specs have been a pain since launch. Your attacks have to go through armor, valor, and his tank buffs to do any damage. This current patch promised to fix phys dps ,but hasn't.

It isn't uncommon for my attacks with a relic gun and full r8/hk gear to hit some warriors for 90-150. Those same attacks normally do 500-700 against other targets. It's just not really feasible for you to kill someone with 11-12k hp 100 damage at a time when they still hit you for at least twice what you hit them for and have twice your health.

Your best option is to spam fan out because it is elemental damage and will bypass his armor. If he has a healer forget about it and switch targets. You can try to kite them .but if he is in the anti-mm spec you might as well stand still and wait for the respawn window because he is faster than you.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 02-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Warriors in these specs have been a pain since launch. Your attacks have to go through armor, valor, and his tank buffs to do any damage. This current patch promised to fix phys dps ,but hasn't.

It isn't uncommon for my attacks with a relic gun and full r8/hk gear to hit some warriors for 90-150. Those same attacks normally do 500-700 against other targets. It's just not really feasible for you to kill someone with 11-12k hp 100 damage at a time when they still hit you for at least twice what you hit them for and have twice your health.

Your best option is to spam fan out because it is elemental damage and will bypass his armor. If he has a healer forget about it and switch targets. You can try to kite them .but if he is in the anti-mm spec you might as well stand still and wait for the respawn window because he is faster than you.
    Or go Sin specc, bypass most of his armor and equipping enough hit to mitigate his block/parry rating, I melt tank warriors all the time using 32Sin/18RS/16NB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

...A tank can tank? Why is that a problem, exactly?
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    A problem, as in, he wanted to know if we had a solution to it. Not that he was objecting to it...

Default ..

NO! (go Sin spec!!???? ) No!.... that's moronic. I've been complaining about this for ages. Sin is HORRIBLE against warriors.

Hmm, 90-150, seems I've been saying this forever! Where are all the L2P posts that generally follow these???

Oh that's right. Now with the increased valor and endurance changes, people are getting their ***** handed to them and shutting up because they know it's true.

Funny, go read the PvP forums about how insane clerics are. Hmmm, didn't I just say that the other day.

Anethema!
    Fell Blades!
    Debilitating poisons!
    ....yell the noob players who have no clue.......
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Default ..

A mage blows you up in 1 shot
    "A mage can cast spells- what is the problem exactly!?""

A rogue comes from the shadows to rip you apart in 3 hits
    "A rogue assassinates - what is the problem exactly?"

The cleric heals through 100% of your damage and is unkillable"
    "What? So a cleric did a bit of healing! What is the problem exactly?"

I will tell you the problem. A warrior that comes to the rogue forum to try and dissapate and deflect the argument. Just because you tank shouldn't make you invincible.....or a cleric. Damage shouldn't make a rogue or mage able to 1-2 shot you. The game needs balance.

sorry, it's 8:23am, you are probably already in school by now...
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Or go Sin specc, bypass most of his armor and equipping enough hit to mitigate his block/parry rating, I melt tank warriors all the time using 32Sin/18RS/16NB.
    Firstly, sin doesn't have an elemental attack I can use so I should be doing less damage due to armor. Second hit doesn't "bypass" armor. It will help me with his block/parry rating though. That is why we use it in pvp. If he uses his cd's though you need like 350 hit which isnt exactly feasible in pvp currently. Some attacks are still blocked with 250+ hit. Finally, I'd rather not be in melee range as a rogue. Especially against players who have twice my health and do twice my damage.

Going to try that 32sin spec next week anyways though. It looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread