+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm level 50 ( New) and had a few questions.

Rift Disciple

Default I'm level 50 ( New) and had a few questions.

1.) Does hit make a huge difference in pvp? If so whats a good number to strive for for a rogue ( NB )?
    2.) Recommended runes to put on my gear? Also Whats more valuable, crit or AP?
    3.) I realize that as a new level 50 with just a few pieces of pvp gear, I won't be killing a lot of people. I am happy doing mediocre, including ly dieing a few times and getting a few killing blows, but I assume that this doesn't change right? In other words, I just need to stick it out till higher prestige level?

Rift Disciple

Anyone? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Azyle View Post
    1.) Does hit make a huge difference in pvp? If so whats a good number to strive for for a rogue ( NB )?
    3.) I realize that as a new level 50 with just a few pieces of pvp gear, I won't be killing a lot of people. I am happy doing mediocre, including ly dieing a few times and getting a few killing blows, but I assume that this doesn't change right? In other words, I just need to stick it out till higher prestige level?
    1. High assassin seems to be popular for pvp, as well as marksman. Look at this thread or watch the forum for popular builds http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-bible.html
    2. Anything with Dex/Crit at low gear lvls would be my guess.
    3. I'll let someone more experienced in the new pvp system answer this.

Default ..

1. High assassin seems to be popular for pvp, as well as marksman. Look at this thread or watch the forum for popular builds http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-bible.html
    2. Anything with Dex/Crit at low gear lvls would be my guess.
    3. I'll let someone more experienced in the new pvp system answer this.
    1) Hit makes a difference. If you are just starting out, focus less on exact stats and focus more on your gameplay and getting your role down that fits your style. Learning the ebs and flows of battle, the other classes competing against you and just putting in the time to improve gear will do you better than focusing on a particular stat when you start off.
    2) See #1., but focus on Dex.
    3) Yes. It can be frustrating but yes. However, with 1.7 they have made insane balance-changes that basically will make you just as unkillable as everyone else. So hopefully you will feel that benefit. You likely have nothing to compare it to but realize it is there. At P8, you will notice an even better improvement.

Regarding Sin...I'd say no. Sin at lower levels means you will likely be behind enemy lines, trying to take out a cleric. In a WF, you will get killed quickly. I would try RS/MM.... because the MM gives you range and allows you to use Fan Out and have fun and the high RS will give you added defense to where you won't feel like you die nearly as quickly. You won't remember the killing blows, you will remember the blows that killed you.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Rift Disciple

So should I use runes that have hit and dex or what? What's a number to strive for?

+ Reply to Thread