+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which weapon?

Soulwalker

Default Which weapon?

Today I noticed that I almost never use daggers because of the quick weapon speed, and most of my tooltips indicated that a slower weapon would do more damage. I asked in town, and some high end rogue told me that rogues benefit more from several softer hitting abilities as compared to fewer hard hitting abilities, but he couldn't really answer my follow-up; Does using daggers give some sort of damage multiplier? Does it increase resource regen / generation (energy and combo points)? My best guess would be that it reduces the gcd, but so far I've failed to notice this just eyeballing it. I guess in some cases a faster weapon swing would be beneficial, for souls with weapon enhancements, like the nightblade. As far as I know the bonus fire/death damage is a flat amount not modified by weapon speed. But what about my riftblade? I'm running riftdancer for tanking low level dungeons, and it seems like I would benefit greatly from a slower weapon. I realise that daggers are the usual tool of choice statwise, and I'm probably doing something wrong, but could someone take a moment and explain how so to me please?
    Last edited by decurto; 02-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by decurto View Post
    Today I noticed that I almost never use daggers because of the quick weapon speed, and most of my tooltips indicated that a slower weapon would do more damage. I asked in town, and some high end rogue told me that rogues benefit more from several softer hitting abilities as compared to fewer hard hitting abilities, but he couldn't really answer my follow-up; Does using daggers give some sort of damage multiplier? Does it increase resource regen / generation (energy and combo points)? My best guess would be that it reduces the gcd, but so far I've failed to notice this just eyeballing it. I guess in some cases a faster weapon swing would be beneficial, for souls with weapon enhancements, like the nightblade. As far as I know the bonus fire/death damage is a flat amount not modified by weapon speed. But what about my riftblade? I'm running riftdancer for tanking low level dungeons, and it seems like I would benefit greatly from a slower weapon. I realise that daggers are the usual tool of choice statwise, and I'm probably doing something wrong, but could someone take a moment and explain how so to me please?
    All weapon damage is normalized. So for anything other than autoattacks(which account for about 5% of your total damage), the only stat that really matters is the weapon dps stat. Your hierarchy priority on weapons (as a rogue) should be as follows: prior to crit soft cap: weapon dps>dex>str>crit>ap. After soft cap its: weapon dps>dex>ap>str>crit. Dex and ap after soft cap may be switched for rogues, not 100%.

+ Reply to Thread