+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post 1.7 Melee Spec

Shadowlander

Default Post 1.7 Melee Spec

Hi guys,

Since 1.7 is today I was wondering if anyone had some feedback as to what melee dps spec rogues should be using. First off, I'm MS Tank so I don't have many DPS HK armor pieces, I have 2. I do however, have a full set of the T1 raid equipment with twin Beastcarvers. With my gear should I be using the "Bloodstalker" build, "Blinkblade", or will the new changes be more effective to roll with some kind of like Sin/NB combo?

Thank you for the input in advance.

From my understanding and remedial testing I didn't see any significant changes to our preferred builds. I will continue to run Bloodstalker on melee friendly fights, MM when I need to go ranged or the utility is needed and Bard when they make me.

Sin and NB don't synergize particularly well. The damage types don't mix.

Blink'n'Blade did receive an upgrade in damage, but I don't think it is enough to over shadow Bloodstalker, especially considering that it got an upgrade as well.

Champion of Telara

Trial and Error.

Its your gear, you know, the only answers that can be given.

Bladedancer is more viable than before, actually viable really..Blindblade the same, its a bit stronger, Bloodstalker is still king for the HK geared rogues etc, but all the other specs are close to each other now.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

I'm running three DPS specs at the moment; Nightblade, Bloodstalker and 51MM. Bloodstalker for single-target only fights where it's not impractical, Nightblade for anything where AOE is necessary, and MM for when I need to purge/interrupt. They should all still be pretty solid in 1.7, deep BD builds might be a bit more viable now at near-max gear levels, but for everything else I think there's no major changes from 1.6.

Soulwalker

Can anyone post a link to the blloodstalker build?

Quote Originally Posted by fyrechikin View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M.V0xcuR.x0x0m

This is the top DPS Bloodstalker build i have found.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by fyrechikin View Post
    Please keep in mind Fyrechikin, that this build is VERY dependent on your GEAR and stacking AP as well as having 4/4 HK Sin crystal.
    Many people make the mistake and yell afterwards that the build is crap, just keep in mind the level of gear when you are testing this out.
    And I fully agree, this is the top ST DPS spec we have ATM. And pretty much has gone unchanged for some time now, is a great spec, only down side is the positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    Please keep in mind Fyrechikin, that this build is VERY dependent on your GEAR and stacking AP as well as having 4/4 HK Sin crystal.
    Many people make the mistake and yell afterwards that the build is crap, just keep in mind the level of gear when you are testing this out.
    And I fully agree, this is the top ST DPS spec we have ATM. And pretty much has gone unchanged for some time now, is a great spec, only down side is the positioning.
    And it's overly complex rotation that is unforgiving of mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I would not say overly complex, does take some getting use to, and a add on like nkRebuff is highly ( almost needed to start and learn ) recommended.
    Once you are use to the rotation, it is much more easy to run. I even messed up big time last night on Sic with my rotations for the last 20% and still pulled out one of my highest ever parses on him.
    But, it is not a walk in the park as well, it takes a lot of practice, and timing to get it down. High lantecy will not help your matters, and again, gear and stacking AP after soft crit cap and 4/4 HK crystal for sin is key

I don't think it's very complex. You keep up a long term buff (do 1 thing per minute), keep up a dot, keep up a short term buff, and then do a lot of final blows. With nkrebuff it's easily managable and doesn't require a lot of thinking.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

I made a blade dancer/ assassin / nb build last night which tested pretty good for sustained damage w\ the blade dancer crystal.

Didn't get to test in hk thought cause I was busy playing my lute and keeping people alive.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Keep Annihilate up
    Keep Impale up
    Keep Ruthless Stalker up
    Otherwise do Final Blow

OMG SO HARD

If you use something like KAlert/NKRebuff, it's trivialised to the point of "press a button before a timer hits zero"...

+ Reply to Thread