+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Atheres
  • 1 Post By Vindicit

Thread: BladeDancer issue in the near future , how to fix it.

Rift Disciple

Default BladeDancer issue in the near future , how to fix it.

Hello people.

Bd dps are based on the rythmics ability.

We all know HK 4 piece crystal provide a 15s more duration for 2 rythmics , and allow us to have a full circle of colldown up.

But if the next pve gear crystal don't provide this bonus , we are left with a 84 s cooldown rotation for 105s.
    I think the BD dps output is too dependant of the HK crystal. You have done a crystal , but this must be a baseline talent in the BD soul, not a set Bonus. Without this bonus , the soul are not competitive.
    And a Blade Dancer without rythmics ability up all the time is no longer a Blade Dancer after all.

My sugestion :

Add a new talent in the base root of BD tree , at 48 point
    Master Dancer :
    Your offensive Rythmics last for 15 more seconds (BSP / Dualism / Blade tempo / Double coup). Passive

In addition , Change the 4 piece bonus of HK set
    : Your Deadly strike have 20% chance per combo point to reset the cooldown of your Precision Strike.

This give us a "quality of life" change , because with a crystal like this , we can keep the same rotation all the time, instead of 2 different rotation depending if PS is up . And this allow us to no longer do 2*keen strike with one who not have Blade fury active.

Feel free to post your Feedback here.

i completely agree.
    Last edited by Gyle; 01-26-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ascendant

I think I made the suggestion on the crystal to work like MM. That is definitely a good idea.

As for the 48 root ability or whatever, I'm not really sold on it.

The soul shouldn't HAVE to rely on constantly having a rhymic ability up.

It kind of makes the soul odd IMO. Like... if you're constantly able to keep rhymic dances up, why even have them?

The rhymic styles should increase dps a good portion, but they shouldn't be NECESSARY to be using all the time to get decent dps. That's all I'm saying.

If they won't change that then fine, whatever. I agree with your suggestion(s). I'd move it to 46 though since most souls don't have a 48 pt root.

Rift Disciple

46 point can be a good thing , and leave us 20 point for more synergie with other soul.

You can like my thread too , maybe we can have a change if a lots of people push the I like button !!
    Last edited by Atheres; 01-26-2012 at 07:56 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I don't like it since it is pigeonholing BD to always go 51 BD for dps. Lower BD builds should get benefit from the rhythms too.

I would change blade hustle to give 1 second to offensive rhythm duration per point spent in BD above 25. It would increase the durations from 36 to 41 seconds in 51 BD builds but would also give lower BD builds the ability to use them somewhat effectively. Since blade hustle is now a 3 point skill instead of 1, I would put the 2 extra points into extending vivacity to 4 points from 2.

It would create 4 distinct brackets of cooldown use:
    under 31 where you only have blade tempo which lasts for 15-21 seconds
    32-39 where you have blade tempo+double coup which last for 22-29 seconds
    40-50 where you have blade tempo+double coup+dualism which last for 30-40 seconds
    51 where you have all and they last 41 seconds.

So the higher you go the more you would start to rely on the rhythmic abilities.

If dps goes too high with the changes like it might, I would balance it by reducing the amount of AP scaling gained from contra tempo. It's not really in line with other builds and the only way to have builds remain balanced at various gear levels is to have them scale at the same pace. I definitely don't want BD to become a build which would be best at everything for us after a certain point when geared enough.

I like the 4-set bonus suggestion though. And the 2 piece bonus should be 2% AP from crit and stack to 10 instead of 1% AP and stacks to 20, the buildup time is just too long.

Disagree with precision change. Do we really want BD to have a single rotation with no thought, which is an exact carbon copy of marksman, with less things to pay attention to?
    Last edited by Adnoz; 01-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.

(Gear)

Rift Disciple

For the Build up time of the crystal , 5 stack of 4% each is the best thing.
    Even with 10 stack , you need 10 seconds to build up your stack.
    5 second (one rotation) is fine i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheres View Post
    For the Build up time of the crystal , 5 stack of 4% each is the best thing.
    Even with 10 stack , you need 10 seconds to build up your stack.
    5 second (one rotation) is fine i think.
    I like the stack build up the way it is actually. +20% AP is huge, and the only reason it can be justified on that crystal is its long stack time. If you reduced the number of stacks, they would probably feel like they needed to reduce its total amount as well. Not worth it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Turn the rythmics into passives like "reseting precision strike after deadly" or something that adds similar dps. Rotating cooldowns isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Turn the rythmics into passives like "reseting precision strike after deadly" or something that adds similar dps. Rotating cooldowns isn't fun.
    That and super complex rotations are also not fun for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Crystal change would be phenomenal.

Banned

Yea the 4 cooldowns are dumb and give too much of a bonus. If one cooldown is not active then the dps of the soul goes way down and is not viable durring that time. So the damage needs to be spread out to more passives and the cooldowns need to give a slight boost while also not overwriting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    That and super complex rotations are also not fun for me.
    Solution: Play sabo or melee cleric.
    No need to ruin good specs because you don't know how to play properly.

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread