You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)
- Bombs should be non GCD and remove carpet bombing and increase bomb damage with more points spent in soul. Reduce power cost. They are non synergistic with loading charges. Let them be non GCD so they are.
- Charges should not put you into combat - thus draining energy - if you are not in combat attaching charges if you have the talent in pvp combat. They are energy starving in pvp before they even make a boom usually.
- 1 charge should stun the enemy and snare them on termination, combine a couple charges to make room for other things. Add damage but make it significantly lower than the pure damage charges. We need several GCD's to do damage. It is redundant to load 5 charges, stun for 5 seconds, to take 5 seconds to load damage.
- One ground effect should snare and silence the enemy (thus making the silence more difficult to avoid as well), again combining effects. Keep the ground effects on a GCD.
- Remove the talent that makes Annil. bomb cause the single charge to be an aoe and make a high spec talent that makes the single target charge an aoe like shrapnel.
- Let traps/land mines crit, remove talent that gives them no CD to traps and put something else there.
- Add a high talent with a 50% chance to attach 2 charges after 5 points spent. Sab needs a common occuring increase in full build up like literally every other rogue does.
- the 51 ability should change a little. I would increase the CD to 2 min. But make it a duration temp buff that for 10s each charge attached attaches 5 charges and automatically detonates them upon landing. Okay maybe reduce this to 5s. It would really make a 51 sab a force to be reckon with though ;o
I am not saying just throw all these changes on at once...That might be a little silly. But IMO that is a list of things that could be improved if you want to try to maintain the same style of gameplay and increase the power significantly.
Last edited by Violacea; 01-25-2012 at 03:56 PM.
- Drawn by Sharky
Ran out of edit time.
IMO Sab shouldn't have healing. Giving it healing takes away from the ability to make it a pure damage machine. NB's and MM's with siphons and temps and run aways are enough. Full sabs are and should remain to be the squishiest of all the rogues. But they need the damage to make the trade off worth giving if a player likes that playstyle.
- Drawn by Sharky
I think the remaining suggestions are asking for too much.
Last edited by Beckmann; 01-25-2012 at 04:23 PM.
I can't even describe how difficult it is to attempt to fix Sab to a good place, while somehow trying to add synergy. The current Sab soul does not synergize with any other souls other than BD and Sin, and I guess maybe MM.
What would be super fun to play would be a Sab RS. Teleport to someone and drop a trap. Would be good times.
The Sab has a charge mechanic in addition to a cp mechanic. This makes it a unique soul. Only possible synergizing abilities I could see is a bonus to AE attacks low in the talent tree, as a flat damage percent. Can call it unstable explosions or something.
Can add a trap called proximity mine:
Does more damage the closer the target is to the Sab when it goes off. Sounds cool for risk vs. reward.
51 point ability:
Missile barrage - Lazes target area and fires a barrage of missiles into the area for 5 seconds, (or around the lazed target) dealing AE damage and blowing up all charges on target per second.
Could change timer to 3 seconds. If believe to be OP, could make it a channeled ability.
Last edited by DTM300; 01-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.
Single target damage needs to be higher with alot of points spent in the soul. Not necessarily saying they should be the top single target, but they should be right up there with marks. The slow ramp up time of damage for a sab is fine, its what will keep the classes damage output in check
AOE wise damage for bombs needs to be looked at.
Traps seriously need some love.
There really isn't much good about the soul at all right now, its in a pretty bad place, and its not like this is something that we haven't been saying for a few patches now.
Its frustrating cause sab was what I initially loved about this game, when they got completely gutted I went to other builds, but I would very much like to go back to the soul I loved so much in beta.
I can't speak for pve as i've never even stepped foot into HK...
But as a maxed out P8 who runs full consumables etc. i mess around with sab in wfs and i was actually very surprised how i could burst down most P8's from half to dead.
5 blast charge....det.....win.
Other than absurd burst dmg the soul is garbage in pvp compared to anything else.