+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: can we have our nerfs reverted too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I meant strafe- idk, the zam description says it makes you immune to stun aside from snares and roots, during the channel. But also the on the double ability for movement dr. Obviously both are limited in the types of cc they can effect, and so more situational.

But I should point out that my post wasn't meant to be a complaint about mm overall. I just wanted to show, bc people were wondering why stuff like fanout don't have sc like dmg, that stormcaller generally has higher aoe dmg but also has a larger tradeoff for it in the game (and I'm fine with that kind of dmg too, if there is a fair tradeoff). Its defenses are very thin- all of its cc is put into the same dr category (movement based- which tends to make it less usable vs ranged attackers), and also its basic setup requires it to blow through the entire cc immunity in its first three moves. Its got low hp, low mitigation, and little else aside from the ccs- ride the wind- a 50% speed increase is also charge based so it takes some buildup time to use, icy vortex- reduces incoming dmg for 25% for 10s (which amounts to about an extra ability worth of dmg taking ability).
    Like you said mm gets countered by ranged warrior, and I believe that. But realize that stormcaller on the other hand gets countered by almost everything out of group (on an equal gear/skill level), including but not limited to ranged warrior (nbs, mm, and pyrodom tend to eat it up). Its low hp combined with interruptability of its setup makes it generally easy to burst down (not to mention the archmage nerfs next patch will put high sc into a tough spot). (don't worry I wont' stay in your guy's forums much more ^^ I just saw ppl talking about my class and wanted to respond)
    edit: also ty boomx for making me look not crazy hehe I might try sc/dom some after this next patch i think, since archmage is gone!

It's so squishy though lol. I really, really have to be super careful of where I am because if someone even breathes on me I can die instantly lol. The huge Storm Shackles crits are really fun to see lol

PS - Your sword from RoTP gives you away so easily. It puts a huge bull's eye on you anytime we're in a WF together :P If they ever implement weapon wardrobe you might want to think about looking into that.
    <Retired>

Rift Chaser

Good maybe Rogues will stop being OP and all the FOTMers will leave.

I hate being 1 of 10 rogues in a 15 man WF.

PS - Your sword from RoTP gives you away so easily. It puts a huge bull's eye on you anytime we're in a WF together :P If they ever implement weapon wardrobe you might want to think about looking into that.
    I know, I wish I could!! but I can't really sub anything in for it well- I have a staff but the consumables (powerstone + wrath spikes) end up so much better for pvp than the 2h ones. I made a suggestion thread for vanity weapon slots too but so far the excuse is something about coding and pvp weapons used for pvp recognition (doesn't really make sense to me given the wardrobe is ok'd :/).
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-28-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Bump, marksman buffs please ailion.
    Here is a step by step guide to being pretty good:
    Step 1: if you lower the dps of a class due to a "bug fix", you then compensate the damage loss by increasing another skill or talent, thus resolving the bug and keeping the class balanced.
    Step 2: There is no step 2, do step 1.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 02-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Bump, marksman buffs please ailion.
    Here is a step by step guide to being pretty good:
    Step 1: if you lower the dps of a class due to a "bug fix", you then compensate the damage loss by increasing another skill or talent, thus resolving the bug and keeping the class balanced.
    Step 2: There is no step 2, do step 1.
    step 2: ???
    step 3: profit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8