+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: can we have our nerfs reverted too?

Quote Originally Posted by Qan View Post
    Nah the biggest nerf MM rook was the IQS proc.
    If we got just that back it would be a very nice boost.
    but

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Zyzyx, you are obviously very passionate about the rogue calling, you would not make so many posts if you were not. I have said in no uncertain terms, that the change made to this ability is not going to be reverted.

I fully understand that you feel that the rogue calling is being singled out with this change. It would be hard to feel any other way regarding a change to a class that is a reduction in effectiveness. Is it debatable that all abilities should function the same (As pointed out in the thread you link here)? Yes its debatable, however the fact of the matter is that the ability was not intended to work as it did.

The intention did not match the desired functionality hence it changed. Marking that as a "bug" fix in the patch notes may have been poor wording of a release note - to a developer that is a bug fix. To the community that is a "nerf" and a "change" to how something works.

~Daglar
    says we won't see that

best thing to hope for is the mm crystal to be brought back to 50% em damage ,or perferably 70% damage to make up for the IQS nerf
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 01-26-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Hmm problem with EM is it doesn't scale with any raid buffs in game (+% damage modifiers).

Only Weapon DPS and number of points in the tree determine its effectiveness.

Right now the +30% Buff to EM Damage from crystal is roughly a 100 dps increase.

This is especially apparent when using HolyChampion/PlanarAugmentation, all of the other skills scale up but EM does not budge abit.

If this scaling issue is addressed there might not be a need to tweak the MM crystal any further or re-introduce IQS bonus procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    but

says we won't see that

best thing to hope for is the mm crystal to be brought back to 50% em damage ,or perferably 70% damage to make up for the IQS nerf
    Warriors have bug with the interaction between slayers and force of will: force of will changed to keep their DPS at the same or higher level.
    Rogues have bug with the interaction between electrified and IQS: IQS nerfed to death and electrified crystal nerfed.

Warriors have potentially imbalanced crystal: Dev acknowledges and informs community that he's looking at the crystal, and that they might expect some changes in the future.
    Rogues have potentially imbalanced crystal: Dev obliterates crystal and any positive interactions it has with talents, does not communicate on the subject at all.

Edit: Favourite one!

Warriors have issue with rogue soul: dev post in 30 minutes stating the soul will be looked at in the next major patch.
    Rogues have issue with rogue soul:
    Last edited by Adnoz; 01-26-2012 at 04:17 AM.

(Gear)

Plane Touched

Theyre never gonna buff rogues much. There are already too many in every wf with a substantial buff everyone would go rogue. Until they make abilities function differently in pve than pvp they really can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsayn1 View Post
    Theyre never gonna buff rogues much. There are already too many in every wf with a substantial buff everyone would go rogue. Until they make abilities function differently in pve than pvp they really can't.
    I don't pvp much at all so I can't say how many rogues are in WFs, but I have seen the rogue population drop significantly in raid settings. In any case, if there are more rogues then it doesn't make much business sense to continue to piss off your largest player base. And why would everyone go rogue when rogues are 2nd rate tanks and dps at the moment? The continuous nerf/buff/nerf/buff cycle leads me to believe that no one at Trion has a clue what they are doing with class balance or any direction or target going forward, and the lack of communication from the Rogue Dev is nothing but insulting to paying customers (especially those of you on this board that have gone overboard to test builds and run numbers - and have been ignored).

I continue to play a rogue because I have no interest in gearing up another toon in a game that is dying. My enjoyment in playing this game is long over (I only log in to raid with my guild) and I only continue to play because of my guild. I'll be the first to jump ship as soon as my guild makes the call to leave.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nsayn1 View Post
    Until they make abilities function differently in pve than pvp they really can't.
    been saying they need to do this for all abilities for a while now..
    have one set of rules for the pvp side and one set for pve
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team

The Marksman's Strafe can no longer be purged.

Besides that, no further changes will be made to the Rogue for 1.7.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post

At least he talked, even if its is just to say "Sorry guys, you get to suck until next patch"

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post

Why would you change that? That completely removes any strategic advantage over another MM if there ever was one.

[EDIT]Where was the post even crying about this, I must have missed it. I dont remember there being a QQ post my strafe is purgable.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-01-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Rude comments

Ascendant

I sure am glad Warriors are the whiniest Calling, amirite guys?

Revert rogues to pre-creation levels(see what I did there?)
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Why would you change that? That completely removes any strategic advantage over another MM if there ever was one.
    Don't be mean, the fix makes logical sense, if you want to break a strafe use retreat or use a faster cp builder.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-01-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: quote edited
    I make lots of money I make more money than you, I drive around in my limo that's what I was born to do,
    and I might like you better if we fought together, if its not to be you know I got something better for you,
    NAKED PICTURES OF YOUR MOTHER!

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    Don't be mean, the fix makes logical sense, if you want to break a strafe use retreat or use a faster cp builder.
    No wonder you think it makes logical sense, LOL.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Edit: Favourite one!

Warriors have issue with rogue soul: dev post in 30 minutes stating the soul will be looked at in the next major patch.
    Rogues have issue with rogue soul:
    I remember that post! Wanted to find it again for some misery lulz, but can't remember where it was. D'you still have it saved?

Quote Originally Posted by BookofAeons View Post
    I remember that post! Wanted to find it again for some misery lulz, but can't remember where it was. D'you still have it saved?
    I was referring to the recent "buff sabo" post by kaspurtz, a warrior.

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast