Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Please fix the Marksman class -_-

Default Please fix the Marksman class -_-

Honestly i think this has to be one of the most ridiculous archer classes ever created in an MMO...

1. They can shoot through most walls?? LoS is usually useless against them.
    2. If you're a caster class they have longer distance than you. have no cast time on 80% of their skills?
    3. with the above 2, you also give them insane dmg, the ability to stealth, run super [EDIT]fast, and a pet if they want...

Sorry for rant, but... Really?

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35rp23/
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 01-25-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Soulwalker

Some of the Marksman around in Telara mastered their soul and are able to do some awesome things like Master Dunsparrow, who is able to do the most fearful shot of Telara. The Infinity Shot:

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    What a great idea. In the spirit of this thread, here is my contribution:

Infinity Shot: Fire an arrow straight up and away from the planet, into a gravity slingshot around the sun, causing it to accelerate beyond the speed of light and back in time before returning to earth to kill the unborn fetus of your current target. This creates an alternate timeline in which your current target does not exist, but has no effect on the current timeline or the battle, and is therefore useless. Awards 1 combo point in the alternate timeline.
    Because of that fact, some of us are able to shot through walls, trees, Akylios, Sanctum and even through the Walls Of Meridian.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoriam View Post
    Honestly i think this has to be one of the most ridiculous archer classes ever created in an MMO...

1. They can shoot through most walls?? LoS is usually useless against them.
    2. If you're a caster class they have longer distance than you. have no cast time on 80% of their skills?
    3. with the above 2, you also give them insane dmg, the ability to stealth, run super f'ing fast, and a pet if they want...

Sorry for rant, but... Really?

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35rp23/
    1. We need our main target to be LoS at all times, however, if we AoE, it will hit people around the maintarget, if you then hide behind a wall, then to bad for you.

2. We're rogues, Not casters.

3. Marksman dont have stealth, we can run superfast, and while doing so lose 40% damage, our pet is in ranger, if you see one, you will most likely se a very very bad rogue and he wont be any threat to you at all.

Now move along.
    AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    1. We need our main target to be LoS at all times, however, if we AoE, it will hit people around the maintarget, if you then hide behind a wall, then to bad for you.

2. We're rogues, Not casters.

3. Marksman dont have stealth, we can run superfast, and while doing so lose 40% damage, our pet is in ranger, if you see one, you will most likely se a very very bad rogue and he wont be any threat to you at all.

Now move along.
    Exactly this. OP i am sorry you get owned by arrow slinging rogues, but you clearly have no idea what is actually killing you.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

You got shot by a guardian MM. As those above me has said already you need to be in line of sight when fired upon, but because of Trions way of doing graphics, an arrow can take up to 2 seconds to reach you, then you might be behind a wall. A gun which most defiants use doesn't have travel time, so this solves this issue. You can look happily forward to 1.07 then all MM from both factions will have guns available to them, and you will die as soon as they finish their ability, so problem solved.

For 2 and 3, what the person above me said.

whoa whoa wait a second here, someone died in pvp? omgnerfbat!!
    Tetsusaiga
    Faeblight
    GM of Antioch

Rift Disciple

......if you can't beat them join them. Then they will go down like the dps warriors did. They where op and then after everybody started playing them it became no fun lol. MM are no different. My MM is awesome and rediculously OP but even more deadly against someone who has no idea how to fight one. In Trion certain classes put together with certain souls can and will own a MM but you have to play them. That's how Trion likes it. I became bored with mine and went back to my Chlorolock. Ican bea them.....just takes a while is all. Usually they get bored or my procs, several in a row, will destroy them. Otehrwise I just use the terrain and watch tv until they run away.

To sum it up just stay away from them or join them if you can beat them. Doesnt take much skill to be good at them but if you are they are extremely dangerous. Good hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    3. Marksman dont have stealth
    Yeah, because you absolutely can't be 44MM/22SIN. Oh, wai-

/facepalm
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 01-25-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Sehnsucht is almost impossible to translate adequately and describes a deep emotional state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    Then they will go down like the dps warriors did.
    DPS wars are still OP. Admittedly, not to the point of being instantly godlike like they were at launch but the way their survivability and burst scales with gear still makes them invincible killing machines at P8.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 01-25-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Sehnsucht is almost impossible to translate adequately and describes a deep emotional state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
    Yeah, because you absolutely can't be 44MM/22SIN. Oh, wai-

/facepalm
    And Im assuming 0 point in Rng for the Diabolical pet?

Someone with less than a month in the game screaming NERF?

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    And Im assuming 0 point in Rng for the Diabolical pet?
    0 points in RS for even more mobility (you don't really need BF because you have CnR). Dude, maybe I don't know that much about wars but I do know how to play rogue. Most high-ranked MMs don't bother with Sin simply because: 1) they have 6.5k+ HP, 2) they have a pocket healer.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 01-25-2012 at 12:29 AM.

It's actually quite easy to fix MM: FO should be made a channeled ground targeted spell like RoA. LF has a c/d so it's not really a problem. The problem is FO which is too easily spammable from a mile away. This change won't affect PvE.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 01-25-2012 at 12:42 AM.

fan out just makes bad rogues feel good. Good MM rarely use this skill.

You're not making the strong case you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    fan out just makes bad rogues feel good. Good MM rarely use this skill.

You're not making the strong case you think you are.
    FO does great total damage and statistically earns you a lot of KBs. It's the easiest to use AoE in the whole game that comes with no c/d. If you think FO isn't a big deal, how about changing Circle of Oblivion and Fire Storm to be spammable untalented targeted insta-casts instead of ground-targeted channeled?
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 01-25-2012 at 09:04 AM.

The only use for fan out is to keep multiple enemies from capturing a point or picking up a sourcestone/fang.

And its a suicidal stall for time tactic if you're being objective oriented.

Its otherwise useless unless the other team has no healers at all,

Spamming fan out on the bridge spawn in scion and grabbing a few random KBs does not make this skill good. Its pathetically worthless other than keeping folks away from objectives.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast