+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: State of the rogue (pre-1.7)

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Not going to give the specs I use out, but if energy is an issue, you are doing it wrong. Here's a hint, if the majority of your DPS comes from using energy while grinding, you are doing it wrong.
    Not going to post your farming spec that you claim is superior while bashing someone elses? What kind of petty juvenile BS is that?

Stay classy man.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Yup Durrango just wastes his time upgrading the sourcewells so the turrets kill mobs while he just tags them. Thats even slower.
    um no. I can grind mobs at/near cleric pa rates, but thanks for playing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post
    Not going to post your farming spec that you claim is superior while bashing someone elses? What kind of petty juvenile BS is that?

Stay classy man.
    not at all, just letting people have the fun of figuring things out on there own.

Banned

not at all, just letting people have the fun of figuring things out on there own.
    False and/or subjective claims doesnt really help that.

Ascendant

False and/or subjective claims doesnt really help that.
    I'm simply stating that it is doable by myself and 3 other rogues in my guild, if people want to try, they can figure out the specs and do it, if not, no my problem. We can farm PAs as fast as warriors and clerics. And the specs to do it don't have CC cause it is a useless skill on live.

I'm simply stating that it is doable by myself and 3 other rogues in my guild, if people want to try, they can figure out the specs and do it, if not, no my problem. We can farm PAs as fast as warriors and clerics. And the specs to do it don't have CC cause it is a useless skill on live.
    You say you are farming PA's at 30-50% the rate of clerics/warriors in your previous post and now claim you can farm PA's as fast as them?

I'd really like to know this spec because I've spent hours trying different things and the spec in my guide is the best I can squeeze out of the rogue calling.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 01-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Is 2.5PA per hour non vial the correct rate to be farming or is it higher?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    You say you are farming PA's at 30-50% the rate of clerics/warriors in your previous post and now claim you can farm PA's as fast as them?

I'd really like to know this spec because I've spent hours trying different things and the spec in my guide is the best I can squeeze out of the rogue calling.
    yeah, your spec is a pretty horrible AOE/PA grind spec. too much sin, too much bd, not enough RS. and wrong crystal.

Ascendant

yeah, your spec is a pretty horrible AOE/PA grind spec. too much sin, too much bd, not enough RS. and wrong crystal.
    basically, for farming, your guild build is WAY WAY too single target and lacks large amount of survivability.

I have to agree. I have been using something more like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0b.VhtIkRd0zoM

for soloing source wells. Tons of survivability, and with APA up it kills super quickly. You can just port from spot to spot tagging everything under the sun, and drag it around with you. Once you have some down time just AoE them all down. And use the BD crystal.
    Last edited by Gyle; 01-23-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Banned

Too much Riftstalker thats not needed. If you're dying then you just pop holy champion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I have to agree. I have been using something more like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0b.VhtIkRd0zoM

for soloing source wells. Tons of survivability, and with APA up it kills super quickly. You can just port from spot to spot tagging everything under the sun, and drag it around with you. Once you have some down time just AoE them all down. And use the BD crystal.
    eh, you really should have a point into shadow guard.

FYI, for sourcewells, MM/BD/RS is much better.

Banned

eh, you really should have a point into shadow guard.

FYI, for sourcewells, MM/BD/RS is much better.

I tried that... didnt work out well. You need some kind of healing other then RS and item procs.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 01-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Ascendant

Too much Riftstalker thats not needed. If you're dying then you just pop holy champion.
    not really, I think people really really underestimate the amounts of DPS that planar vortex does.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mz.VIdhkRkzzoM is what I use at sourcewells.

Banned

not really, I think people really really underestimate the amounts of DPS that planar vortex does.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mz.VIdhkRkzzoM is what I use at sourcewells.
    I use Planar Vortex as well but only enough in RS to get it. When you say people have too much in Sin, does the healing from Leeching not increase with the 2 poison passives?
    Last edited by Vindicit; 01-23-2012 at 09:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast