+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Returning to Rift - How are Rogues?

Soulwalker

Default Returning to Rift - How are Rogues?

Returning to Rift after taking a break just before 1.5 hit live (the patch with the rogue buffs). Since I'm interested in making a Rogue, I'd like to know how they're doing, mainly PvP and tanking. From what I've read raid DPS aint too hot compared to some other classes, but I'm not too fussed about that.

Don't need info about specs and such since there's another thread about that already, just the general state of Rogues and specific roles compared to other classes of the same role.

Thanks in advance.

Banned

PVP they are acceptable. You have a couple of builds you can use (Mainly MM/RS, Full on MM, or NB/RS . . . but some others are fun too sometimes). Tanking they work well in the lower content if you don't have a warrior available. If you don't care about being below average, then DPS is fine.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Tanking they work well in the lower content if you don't have a warrior available.
    Does that mean they don't work in higher content? Or are they just below average when it comes to it?

Soulwalker

Rogues can tank anything warriors and clerics can tank. Just not as well. In other words, yes you can tank higher end content, but you are gimping your raid.

IIRC they just got a slight buff in tanking. Just not as much as the warrior tanks.

Banned

To clarify, rogues a 'fine' at pretty much everything they do. They can support if you don't have a mage. They can tank if you don't have a warrior. They can DPS if you don't have a mage or a warrior.

You don't really notice until you get to the latest content though, and I'm sure 1 patch will change everything . . . so you may as well just play what you enjoy.

To clarify, rogues a 'fine' at pretty much everything they do. They can support if you don't have a mage. They can tank if you don't have a warrior. They can DPS if you don't have a mage or a warrior.

You don't really notice until you get to the latest content though, and I'm sure 1 patch will change everything . . . so you may as well just play what you enjoy.
    That's pretty much the answer to life right there.

Rogues are swell.

Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

A decently-geared MM/Ranger/Riftstalker can be at or near the top DPS for any given raid.

Just sayin'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    A decently-geared MM/Ranger/Riftstalker can be at or near the top DPS for any given raid.*

Just sayin'.
    * As long as they out gear the mage beside them by a tier.

*and the warriors don't use the 2h paragon spec

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    *and the warriors don't use the 2h paragon spec

You guys crack me up.
    But yeah..
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Only working on 5/11 in HK, but I'm topping most parses running Nightblade and Blink'Blade (fights like Matron obviously the SC's and Cabs win). I win on fights like Murdantix and Vladmal though.
    The healers aren't complaining about my damage intake, so I'd say my tanking is doing great. And aggro is a piece of cake.
    In PvP I'm smashing with NB/RS.

So overall, I'd say Rogues are great. Like I said, only working on 5/11 in HK though.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Telaran

So in t3 rogue works out well.. Thete it's possible to get near warris and mages.. At fights like murdantix and co. I'm even able to top mages and get same as warris but.. at time i'm hitting my keyboard to death they chill by spamming some macro for more dps most time ; )

And pvp.. It's you're turn what you can pull out.. I love rogue at pvp and wouldn't change my class ;)

If you want to play rogue, DO it! It's actually great fun

Greetings,
    Come@Akala

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rootyy View Post
    Only working on 5/11 in HK, but I'm topping most parses running Nightblade and Blink'Blade (fights like Matron obviously the SC's and Cabs win). I win on fights like Murdantix and Vladmal though.
    The healers aren't complaining about my damage intake, so I'd say my tanking is doing great. And aggro is a piece of cake.
    In PvP I'm smashing with NB/RS.

So overall, I'd say Rogues are great. Like I said, only working on 5/11 in HK though.
    That's because player skill still trumps class imbalance. Since you are the most skilled player in your guild, and probably the only one pulling almost everything out of your specs, it's only natural that you'd be at the top. Warriors and Mages should smash your parses with similar effort and ability.

And hey, glad to hear you guys are doing well, 5/11, keep it up.
    Atyr - Executor of Addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Atyr View Post
    That's because player skill still trumps class imbalance. Since you are the most skilled player in your guild, and probably the only one pulling almost everything out of your specs, it's only natural that you'd be at the top. Warriors and Mages should smash your parses with similar effort and ability.
    I expect this is why Rogues are topping the DPS meters in my guild runs. It's not that our Mages and Warriors are lazy or anything; I just don't think they're as "obsessed" with their DPS as our Rogues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast