+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loonys Special PVP Bard build... (Flavor of the Month)

Default Loonys Special PVP Bard build... (Flavor of the Month)

Who said Bards dont have a purpose. Loony the famed defiant clown has shown players that Bard is quite effective in pvp. As such, with Loonys permission, he has allowed his special top secret pvp build to go free among the masses of rogues who want a viable bard build in pvp.

Without further adue the build! http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...L0z.EIdqiaskqz

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Loony. Why would he choose 0 point NB over, say...0pt Inf?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with Loony. Why would he choose 0 point NB over, say...0pt Inf?
    Because he's looney?

Champion

Thx for the info and suggestion, but I wouldn't say it's "Flavor of the month" lol, I really don't like it much...Looks like a bad PvE bard specc...

Actually, I hope it's some kind of troll/joke.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

I think he's suggesting 16 in RS to get to Guard phase for extra survivability.

I have found though that for PvP Barding this spec is quite versatile ...

PvP Bard Spec

Gets you the key buffbot skills but also extreme survivability in RS, CC through Rift Prison (be careful not to throw it when someone's about to die though, drives your raid mates nutz lol), and Guard Phase.

Additionally, don't count out the benes from Boosted Recovery, remember you're at the center of every heal, motiff and cadence that you put out.

At the end of the day, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to bard in PvP and be helpful. Pro Tip - ask your raid lead to put an 8 over you, so people know where to stay close to get buffage in battle.

You do need to a bit Loony too ...
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Ninjahax,

Why indeed! Nightblade gives the ability "Fiery Spike" which is both ranged, quick ,damaging and builds combo points when chasing. As Loony doesnt run often. This build is also meant for close combat. While inf ability "break free" is good. It still shares the same countdown timer as Riftstalkers ability "Shadow Stalk". That is a waste of talent. Not efficient!

So NB is a better choice as it gives a bard a ranged attack that is effective. Also allows the bard to effectively rebuild combo points for any of the Codas, including Coda of Restoration, while on the run!

Hope that answered your question.

As to the fellow who was hoping this was a troll post. Sorry it is not. Also this build is a PVP build as stated in the OP numerous times.
    Last edited by Maidden; 01-06-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    I think he's suggesting 16 in RS to get to Guard phase for extra survivability.

I have found though that for PvP Barding this spec is quite versatile ...

PvP Bard Spec

This is more like a PvP specc, approximatly what I m running ( I go to 32 RS because flashback is sooo tricky asa bard ) and I prefer sab for aoe snare (already got 2 rbeak free with RS ports)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    Gets you the key buffbot skills but also extreme survivability in RS, CC through Rift Prison (be careful not to throw it when someone's about to die though, drives your raid mates nutz lol), and Guard Phase.
    Tbh, I rly don't give a **** if it drives them nutz unless I m in a guild premade or with some friend. People in WF keep in spamming aoe, breaking CC, spreading immunty, (I really enjoy when I m low hp, I mezz that rogue on me and some ppl hits him with 200dmg...so I really really don't care, at least prison can't be broken)

Verse of rebirth, motif of encouragement, and captivation are pretty useless in your build though, that's why I run higher RS (34bard/32rs/Osab).This way I m slightly below 10K hp in gurdian phase. Also hasted time and freedom of movement are nice.But anyway, that build from OP is just bad...

It is bad because it doesn't heal great (due to guardian phase), it doesn't CC well neither (no prison, no AoE snare), and it doesn't have that much survability (few ports, few points in RS=less hp, less break free ability due to 45s CD on ports),useless dps boost especially when you run guardian phase etc etc etc...big waste : 18points just for fanfare of knowledge and verse of vitality (only interesting pvp abilities over 32pts)
    Last edited by Gaaz; 01-06-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Maidden View Post
    Ninjahax,

Why indeed! Nightblade gives the ability "Fiery Spike" which is both ranged, quick ,damaging and builds combo points when chasing. As Loony doesnt run often. This build is also meant for close combat. While inf ability "break free" is good. It still shares the same countdown timer as Riftstalkers ability "Shadow Stalk". That is a waste of talent. Not efficient!

So NB is a better choice as it gives a bard a ranged attack that is effective. Also allows the bard to effectively rebuild combo points for any of the Codas, including Coda of Restoration, while on the run!

Hope that answered your question.

As to the fellow who was hoping this was a troll post. Sorry it is not. Also this build is a PVP build as stated in the OP numerous times.
    With all the CC + motifs job you need to do, power chord is often enough while you are on the move to get CP....

Edit post above : 16points wasted, not 18
    Last edited by Gaaz; 01-06-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    With all the CC + motifs job you need to do, power chord is often enough while you are on the move to get CP....

Edit post above : 16points wasted, not 18
    I agree Gaaz, but then again powerchord isnt a DOT when giving chase. Powerchord does build up the same. But Feiry is just as quick,stacks and does more damage overall.
    Last edited by Maidden; 01-06-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Champion

I agree Gaaz, but then again powerchord isnt a DOT when giving chase. Powerchord does build up the same. But Feiry is just as quick,stacks and does more damage overall.
    As as bard i prefer survability and CC to damage.

Tbh, I first thought this thread was some solo dps bard specc, I was quite excited...But then

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    As as bard i prefer survability and CC to damage.

Tbh, I first thought this thread was some solo dps bard specc, I was quite excited...But then
    Nah, my solo dps bard spec is a hybrid mix of MM/Ran/Bard :-P

0 points in sab provide so much more imo, ranged GBAoE snare and charges and detonate if you are finding yourself in a position to give chase and do some dmg on the move. the fiery spike dot is good for slip away rogues, but so is rift disturbance, so you got that aspect covered anyways. also you can stack your charges, use restoration, and your dmg potential is still waiting, so it is easier to coordinate burst with your teammates and it feels less like wasted time than a dot that ticks out just before the fighting actually starts.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 01-06-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

+ Reply to Thread