+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade again...

Soulwalker

Default Nightblade again...

Similar thread to one I noticed in here however asking slightly different question...

The nightblade skills suggest magical damage.. I'm wondering if things like vengeance (physical dps), essences.. like the ones that have chance to add attack power on physical damage or chance on physical damage to deal death damage and heal, etc.. do the nightblade magical attacks trigger these, like dusk strike,fiery spike, etc.? (without normal swing of a weapon)

Oh and one more question.. armor penetration works with these magical attacks correct?
    Last edited by crimsonncream; 01-04-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Banned

Nightblade is non-physical damage, not magical nor physical.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 01-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonncream View Post
    Oh and one more question.. armor penetration works with these magical attacks correct?
    No it doesn't. Armor pen is for physical damage. Non-physical attacks ignore armor anyways. That's why pure physical souls like Blade Dancer have almost zero synergy with NB.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Nightblade is non-physical damage, not magical nor physical.
    So having no perks from essences or vengeance etc. makes pure NB spec worthless? support dps only?

what IS good for using a main NB spec?...

Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    No it doesn't. Armor pen is for physical damage. Non-physical attacks ignore armor anyways. That's why pure physical souls like Blade Dancer have almost zero synergy with NB.
    And that answers my question in my thread!

Thanks

Soulwalker

ok lets try this since I don't want to waste my items and currencies figuring it out....

Exampl -Primal strike: "weapon dmg"+ 107 to 120 death dmg

would the "weapon dmg" be considered physical + magical thus triggering essence that adds attack power on a physical strike...?

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonncream View Post
    So having no perks from essences or vengeance etc. makes pure NB spec worthless? support dps only?

what IS good for using a main NB spec?...
    It's a bit confusing isn't it hehe. NB's attack are physical for the purposes of proc'ing things, but the damage they do is non-physical. So your essences, etc, still work as you'd expect.

Soulwalker

It's a bit confusing isn't it hehe. NB's attack are physical for the purposes of proc'ing things, but the damage they do is non-physical. So your essences, etc, still work as you'd expect.
    Yes, funny as it is I always find the "non-crystal clear" questions in all games I play *laughs*
    but yes that is what I actually believe and I guess I am going to take the time to test it and just re-earn what I use to test it

Rift Disciple

you confuse attack types with dmg types.

there are 3 attack types: melee, ranged, and magic (spells).

there are 2 dmg types: physical and non-physical.

non-pysical melee attacks will not proc stuff that requires physical attacks.

Soulwalker

Thank you all for your time and have a good one

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    you confuse attack types with dmg types.

there are 3 attack types: melee, ranged, and magic (spells).

there are 2 dmg types: physical and non-physical.

non-pysical melee attacks will not proc stuff that requires physical attacks.
    You know you're right. I could have sworn I'd seen things like that proc off NB attacks but just went and tested. I stand corrected.

+ Reply to Thread