+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cadence Mechanics

Soulwalker

Default Cadence Mechanics

I am looking for a little more detailed information on the way that Cadence scales. I do know that if you are not using a ranged spec (Marksman or Ranged) that Cadence scales off of weapon damage. My first question is, does it scale off of only Main Hand weapon damage (which I assume) or is it an average of Main Hand and Off Hand. My second question is, if I am using an Axe and I go into Axe Mastery in the Planar Attunement will it also increase the damage of Cadence? I am unsure if it is just the actual DPS of the weapon, or the max weapon damage. Any input from someone who has researched this would be nice, or anyone from Trion making an official statement would be fantastic. Sorry if this question has already been answered, thanks in advance for any feedback.

Plane Walker

Cadence damage is based on what weapon you have "equipped" when you use the ability. The default is your primary hand weapon, irregardless of your distance from the target. The only exception is if you have MM or Ranger in your build, it will toggle with the auto-ranged to use your ranged weapon for base damage.

Assuming the same tier of weapon (between primary melee and ranged), the ranged weapon will cause Cadence to do slightly more damage. And I do mean slightly. If I'm recalling correctly, Cadence was doing about 7-8 more damage with a 0-point ranger sub-soul. That was the difference between Midnight Ripper (dagger) and Sailor's Lament (bow), both being HK weapons.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Cadence damage is based on what weapon you have "equipped" when you use the ability. The default is your primary hand weapon, irregardless of your distance from the target. The only exception is if you have MM or Ranger in your build, it will toggle with the auto-ranged to use your ranged weapon for base damage.
    Half True.

If you have a single point in MM/Ranger it will be based off the ranged weapon when you are at range.

When it comes to melee range however it is an average of both the main and offhand.

Did some testing on this nopt to long ago. two 44dps daggers > cadence dmg then a single 44dps MH and a 31dps OH.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

+ Reply to Thread