+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivieability Build Help

Default Survivieability Build Help

So I just recently made a rogue and i don't know to much about them except for pvp an tanking but i was just lookin around for some good builds for questing to level up with..

I'm currently a 34 but was looking for a build for 50 if i could get some help on that it would be great!

I'll try to finish my guide today. Leveling is pretty much mm/ranger till 35 then bd/rs/sin

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I'll try to finish my guide today. Leveling is pretty much mm/ranger till 35 then bd/rs/sin
    ^
    Copy/Pasta'ing my guide from guild's Rogue forum.
    Kukri's Solo PvE Build

Updated for 1.6 (Very slight change)

The main point of this build is to roll through mobs while being as most lazy as possible.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hoR0bdz.VhbhkR

Macro:
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

Start fight with Flash of Steel if you won't need it 10 seconds later, then spam macro.
    Use Deadly Strike as your finisher, and, if you have a long line of mobs to go through and feel like putting forth effort, keep up Annihilate/Guarded Steel (finisher buffs).
    Reactives are not on GCD, use them.
    You heal yourself by how many combo points are left on the mob when it dies.
    Coming into a town with 40 Invasion mobs walking around? Flash in, pop Side Steps/Trinket/Dancing Steel - Win Game.
    AoE = Twin Strike spam / Compound Attack - with some Rift Disturbance sprinkled in. Dancing Steel CD.

You should be able to figure out everything else, but just in case.
    Shadow Assault, Shadow Shift, Shadow Stalk, and Flash of Steel all used to close gaps between mobs.
    Shadow Stalk is also a CC break.

Abilities to hotkey - (Buffs) Stalker Phase, Combat Pose, Planebound Resilience, Leeching Poison, Lethal Poison
    (Combat buffs) Blade Tempo, Side Steps (Utility) Disassemble, Weapon Barrage, Shadow Shift, Shadow Stalk (AoE) Dancing Steel, Twin Strike, Rift Disturbance, Compound Attack (Finishers) Deadly Strike, Guarded Steel, Annihilate.

You can also add in Reprisal and Disengage to your macro, but even I just put 'em on Q & E and do it manually.
    So, let me know if you think of an improvement, but you'll probably be wrong.
    Last edited by Fudily; 01-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Yea thats what I've been using is MM/Ranger but now that my pet razorbeast isn't able to tank mobs for me i just can't go without having more of a survivability setup. I mean mm/ranger is really good but for questing i wouldn't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boromir View Post
    Yea thats what I've been using is MM/Ranger but now that my pet razorbeast isn't able to tank mobs for me i just can't go without having more of a survivability setup. I mean mm/ranger is really good but for questing i wouldn't recommend it.
    MM/RS is what I used while leveling, and I could have made my damage higher by using something like NB instead of RS.

You should be able to kill mobs before they reach you with MM and any other soul you feel like using. At least I was, but then I was in mostly planar gear while leveling.

If you want keep a tank then move some points from MM into RNG so that you can use the hgher level boar to tank.

And anyone telling you what you SHOULD be using, is wrong. Play around and find something you like. RNG/ MM or MM/ RS is just as viable at 50 as it is at 34, plus the ranged souls will give you much better AoE in expert dungeons then the melee souls will.

Quote Originally Posted by Fariic View Post
    MM/RS is what I used while leveling, and I could have made my damage higher by using something like NB instead of RS.

You should be able to kill mobs before they reach you with MM and any other soul you feel like using. At least I was, but then I was in mostly planar gear while leveling.

If you want keep a tank then move some points from MM into RNG so that you can use the hgher level boar to tank.

And anyone telling you what you SHOULD be using, is wrong. Play around and find something you like. RNG/ MM or MM/ RS is just as viable at 50 as it is at 34, plus the ranged souls will give you much better AoE in expert dungeons then the melee souls will.
    Yea thats what i do i find builds then i work around them.

At 34, if you don't mind or would like to melee, I would recommend something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...h.0VMcL.VcbIzo

And you can build on it and play with it to match your style.

Just a suggestion...

~Mellik

The common build you will get from most rogues is something Sin/BD/RS. The basic idea is use Rift Scavenger in RS to heal yourself, and Rift Guard from your ports to reduce the damage you take. BD for Deadly Dance, and Sin for all of the nice things Sin offers, especially Leeching Poison once you can get it.

Make sure to cleave off of the weakest mobs first so that you maximize RS heals.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread