+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 116
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1.7 Rogue Spec

  1. #16
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I know what the issue is, it was me that posted it dude. I'm asking him why he wants the fix to be that it takes 1 stack, uses 1 stack, over takes 3 stacks, uses 3 stacks.
    Because PvP has to be a factor in balance, too, not just PvE.

    Applying 4 stacks of EW for every crit is not good for the future.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  2. #17
    Rift Master McWaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    601

    Default

    also, the best spec is 34sin/20rs/12mm. 25% AP contribution to finishers/CP generators doesnt beat 25% more AP overall plus 5% more damage and 10% armor pen, especially since the flat AP bonus helps poison dps and EW damage bonus, which are getting boosted/fixed. 10% crit to savage strike is better than 10% armor pen when its being regularly used(like in this build) due not only to gaining savage strike dps, but it also means more serrated blades procs. 45% crit soft cap +5% sin +5% lethal poison +5% bard +15% ruthless stalker +10% more to savage puts hk geared rogues at around 85% savage strike crit rate.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

  3. #18
    Rift Master Zeypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Alright, maybe I have misread the entire EW situation.

    I thought...that when EW is fixed, it will make our spec to do the damage it was supposed to do...closing the gap of our single target to warriors.

    Isn't the EW bug lowering our DPS at the moment, by us not gaining the full effects of EW?

  4. #19
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Isn't the EW bug lowering our DPS at the moment, by us not gaining the full effects of EW?
    This is correct. For every time Serrated Blades hits/ticks, it takes off EW stacks according to how many stacks of SB there are(1-3).


    Meanwhiile, it only gets the benefit of 1 stack.


    Edit: As another poster pointed out in a thread, we are losing roughly 38% of our Expose Weakness.
    Last edited by Koe; 01-01-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  5. #20
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    This is correct. For every time Serrated Blades hits/ticks, it takes off EW stacks according to how many stacks of SB there are(1-3).


    Meanwhiile, it only gets the benefit of 1 stack.
    Yay for not speccing serrated blades, for fear of it proccing a Warriors mirror lol /happydance
    "You lost me at Balance"

  6. #21
    Rift Master Zeypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    This is correct. For every time Serrated Blades hits/ticks, it takes off EW stacks according to how many stacks of SB there are(1-3).


    Meanwhiile, it only gets the benefit of 1 stack.


    Edit: As another poster pointed out in a thread, we are losing roughly 38% of our Expose Weakness.
    Alright, so I didn't misread....so how come adnoz is trying to say to me that it is a bad thing EW being fixed?

  7. #22
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Alright, so I didn't misread....so how come adnoz is trying to say to me that it is a bad thing EW being fixed?
    I guess it makes the spec harder to play if EW is used up faster? o.O
    I think that is what he is saying, not catching the logic, and may be wrong.

    I think that is the argument he is trying to make though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  8. #23
    Rift Master Zeypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I guess it makes the spec harder to play if EW is used up faster? o.O
    I think that is what he is saying, not catching the logic, and may be wrong.

    I think that is the argument he is trying to make though.
    That doesn't really make sense though, I mean...as of right now I use 5 point final blows because I really can't be ****ed keeping track of EW, that literally drops off as soon as I apply it.
    With EW being fixed, not only will our damage increase that tiny bit to make us more viable..but it will allow us to make a decent effort in keeping EW up the majority of the time....making the spec even more fun to play...more things to look out for....

  9. #24
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    That doesn't really make sense though, I mean...as of right now I use 5 point final blows because I really can't be ****ed keeping track of EW, that literally drops off as soon as I apply it.
    With EW being fixed, not only will our damage increase that tiny bit to make us more viable..but it will allow us to make a decent effort in keeping EW up the majority of the time....making the spec even more fun to play...more things to look out for....
    Yeah, idk
    I don't have those fancy crystals.
    I use EW in PvP because it helps with Pew Pew lol, and I don't spec SB because of more risk of mirror procs.

    I am slowly learning all this PvE mumbo jumbo haha

    I said mumbo jumbo!LELULELULELU!
    "You lost me at Balance"

  10. #25
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    I'm going to test the Sin/BD/NB spec with the BD crystal when this goest to PTS.

    I think it willl do alright.

    Also will test with the assassin crystal.

  11. #26
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Alright, so I didn't misread....so how come adnoz is trying to say to me that it is a bad thing EW being fixed?
    You're misinterpretting.

    It's not a bad thing at all.

    What he PREFERS is for SB to continue taking 3 stacks per SB, but giving 3x the bonus for every tick. He wants to continue using 3 CP FBs to maximize EW up-time.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  12. #27
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I don't spec SB because of more risk of mirror procs.

    I don't think SB can be blocked.

    afair Impale can't, and they're both bleeds. They also ignore armor.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  13. #28
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    That doesn't really make sense though, I mean...as of right now I use 5 point final blows because I really can't be ****ed keeping track of EW, that literally drops off as soon as I apply it.
    With EW being fixed, not only will our damage increase that tiny bit to make us more viable..but it will allow us to make a decent effort in keeping EW up the majority of the time....making the spec even more fun to play...more things to look out for....
    This is why I don't want it changed to remove only 1 stack of expose on serrated, it allows laziness to become our best DPS. You do 5cps because you can't be ****ed. That should be lower DPS, not higher. If serrated is changed to consume 3 stacks per proc (and actually benefit from those 3 stacks) then we need to be dynamic in our rotation, because it drops so fast.

    (Gear)

  14. #29
    Rift Master Zeypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    You're misinterpretting.

    It's not a bad thing at all.

    What he PREFERS is for SB to continue taking 3 stacks per SB, but giving 3x the bonus for every tick. He wants to continue using 3 CP FBs to maximize EW up-time.
    Ahh ok, I see now....its like...2am so im pretty tired ;D.
    I see now, so basically, the only thing that will change is the damage we get...not how quickly EW drops off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    This is why I don't want it changed to remove only 1 stack of expose on serrated, it allows laziness to become our best DPS. You do 5cps because you can't be ****ed. That should be lower DPS, not higher. If serrated is changed to consume 3 stacks per proc (and actually benefit from those 3 stacks) then we need to be dynamic in our rotation, because it drops so fast.
    Yeah I agree, I was lazy in my explaining in that....I can be ****ed if I saw a dramatic difference in the dps from using 3 combo points...but I have tried on previous occasions to use 3 combo points and I have seen a decrease in my DPS, no real increase...so I have stuck to 5 combo points and getting 4200+ on sicaron.
    So now that it will hopefully be fixed, I can now go back to using 3 combo points, and seeing an actual increase in my dps this time..allowing for a more complex rotation and pulling a head of the bads that try and use the spec.
    Last edited by Zeypher; 01-01-2012 at 06:23 AM.

  15. #30
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    I see now, so basically, the only thing that will change is the damage we get...not how quickly EW drops off.
    No, we don't know how they will fix it.


    If they fix it so 1 tick = 1 EW, then the current rotation will continue to be superior.


    If they fix it so 1 tick = 3 EW then, most likely, Adnoz' preferred method will be superior.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts