+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: [PvP] Theorycrafting for 1.7

  1. #1
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default [PvP] Theorycrafting for 1.7

    My specs are usually sin based so for the most part I will stick to my current hybrids with a few tweaks.

    Note: Please refer to this post http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ges-1-7-a.html before adding an opinion.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mxobqddo.x0x0V

    This spec is focused on armor penetration. Almost a must for some of those pesky warriors but, it probably won't get you around that heal. It will be respectable though.

    Pros
    40% Armor penetration
    Slip away
    Buffed Leeching Poison
    Some Range
    +25% AP on all melee abilities
    +25% AP on all finishers
    +25% AP on all crits

    Cons
    No heal debuff, avoid warriors with their heal up or a dedicated healer.
    Minimal defensive abilities


    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xobqdko.Vhto0o

    This spec is unchanged other than the Leeching poison buff. Figured it was worth mentioning
    It is currently my Tank warrior killer, I avoid points for bleeds because if they have a mirror a bleed can proc it.

    Pros:
    Slip Away
    Buffed Leeching Poison
    Shifts to avoid being kited
    Heal Debuff/Syphon (Warrior heals you get half of it)
    Passive defensive abilities
    Ebon Fury/non physical damage
    Two break frees.

    This spec is to out last the warrior, and when he heals it will also heal you. It will fair well against mages/clerics but wouldn't be an optimal choice. Overall a more well rounded spec.

    Cons:
    Harder to bring down a blue bar because of no mana drain, Fell blades makes up for it though.
    Limited shifts, kiting will be easier than a regular 20 point RS spec.
    A pure healing Cleric isn't going to go down, avoid it.


    Another unchanged spec that can be really fun to run
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0o.0ARfxsbqddo

    100% wrecks the mana bar of an opponent

    Pros
    Deb Poison
    Hidden Veil
    Theft of thought
    Anathema
    Sleight of Hand
    Buffed Leeching
    Soul Cleanse

    Cons
    nearly 0% defence
    Avoid anything not blue bar

    I'll write up some actual stuff when the changes go on PTS, this was just from looking over it, and some fun specs that are currently live that some people might want to test out.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  2. #2
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    I plan to run a 75% pen marksman just to **** with warriors.

    (Gear)

  3. #3
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I plan to run a 75% pen marksman just to **** with warriors.
    Sounds horrible.

  4. #4
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    for that first spec it seems to be mostly a burst dps spec, imo would be better to drop a point from MM to get blade tempo

  5. #5
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    for that first spec it seems to be mostly a burst dps spec, imo would be better to drop a point from MM to get blade tempo
    That is what I do on live now, I probably will when changes go onto PTS, I just wanted the most armor mitigation lol.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  6. #6
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    I wish I could squeeze in the dex in BD, I hate passing that up =\
    As well as strike back, I think this point allocation is best though, adding blade tempo would def be worth it as well
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-31-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  7. #7
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    yeah if you stack the dex mods with dex runes from air PA and side steps strike back is very very fun on melee classes, always loved hitting it and watching low ranks kill themselves

  8. #8
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    yeah if you stack the dex mods with dex runes from air PA and side steps strike back is very very fun on melee classes, always loved hitting it and watching low ranks kill themselves
    I'm eager to test out these BD changes for PvP want them to put it on PTS meow! lol
    "You lost me at Balance"

  9. #9
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    i don't have the exact spec anymore but i ran something like 26 sin 20 rs 20 bd for a pve solo build with all those dodge goodies and it worked very well in pvp too against pretty much anything except a mage with lock and lots of damage output, with the healing boost to the poisons i may go back to it depending how much they heal i use to end WFs with 20k healing done just from leaching and brew

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default 1.7 PvP Spec

    I can not wait till this spec gets buffed in 1.7
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zzR.VVdGuoRRhb

    Does a very nice job for me now atm.

    The macro that makes this simple to play is:

    #show Precision Strike
    cast Reprisal
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

  11. #11
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I can not wait till this spec gets buffed in 1.7
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zzR.VVdGuoRRhb

    Does a very nice job for me now atm.

    The macro that makes this simple to play is:

    #show Precision Strike
    cast Reprisal
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

    Put reprisal at the bottom, will cause hiccups at the top.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I plan to run a 75% pen marksman just to **** with warriors.
    You can't penetrate my armour when I'm standing behind you holding a large pointy metal stick.

    Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Put reprisal at the bottom, will cause hiccups at the top.
    I have Reprisal at the top for a reason; I want to use it first. I have had no issues with this sequence in the macro.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I have Reprisal at the top for a reason; I want to use it first. I have had no issues with this sequence in the macro.
    Reprisal is off GCD, sticking it at the bottom will still use it first when it is ready.

    If you want to use it that way go for it. I can promise you it is more beneficial to have off GCD abilities at the bottom of a macro though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Ancient's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Reprisal is off GCD, sticking it at the bottom will still use it first when it is ready.

    If you want to use it that way go for it. I can promise you it is more beneficial to have off GCD abilities at the bottom of a macro though.
    thank you I did not know that. Learn something new every day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts