+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Rogue changes for 1.7

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Rogue changes for 1.7

Just want to notify everyone about the upcoming changes. We hope to push these to the test server in a week.

Bladedancer

Blade Finesse: Functionality has been changed. It now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Finishers by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks with melee weapons.

Combat Expertise: Functionality has been changed. It now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Combo Point generating abilities by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks with melee weapons.

Combat Culmination: Functionality has been changed. Your Finishers cause Physical attacks to ignore 1-3% of your target's armor per Combo Point for 10 seconds.

Blade and Fury: Your Quick Strike and Precision Strike increases the damage of your next Keen Strike by 10-20%, up from 5-10%.

Deadly Dance: Can now be triggered by Compound Attack.

Ranger

King of the Jungle: It now increases pet damage by 20%, up from 10%. For every point in the Ranger’s soul above 21, it increases pet damage by 6%, up from 3%.

Feral Aggression: Increases Crit Hit chance and also pet damage by 100% for 15 seconds. Cooldown is reduced from 2 mins to 1 min.

Pin Down: Cooldown is reduced from 3 mins to 1 min.

Diffuse: Cooldown is reduced from 3 mins to 1 min.

Assassin

The Attack Power contribution to the damage from poisons has been increased.

Leeching Poison: The Attack Power contribution to the healing from Leeching Poison has been increased.

Expose Weakness: The damage is now applied correctly to Serrated Blades.

Nightblade

The Attack Power contribution to the damage from weapon enchantments has been increased.

Dusk to Dawn: It is no longer a channeled ability but a straight up DOT attack. It now awards 2 Combo Points and no longer gives additional Combo Point per second. Energy Cost has been reduced from 60 to 45. Cooldown has been reduced from 1 minute to 45 seconds. Damage has been reduced.

These changes are not yet final and will be subjected to change based on feedback and parses.
    Last edited by Ailion; 01-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.

oh snap

so excited

EDIT:Thoughts

<3 leeching poison buff!
    Still need deadly dance buff to compound attack
    Ranger will still be bad. Will need to test ,but I think the problem is pet scaling not pet damage
    Combo points to fan out too since mm aoe dps was nerfed by 2500-3000 dps since 1.5.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 12-29-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

2 in one day! Merry Christmas brolofs!

Thnx Ailion.

Koe

Fix EW before buffing Assassin.

Don't buff everyone to Mage levels.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Interesting changes, though I was really hoping for something in the AOE department, I'm definitely not opposed to 51BD becoming good, would love to play that as a primary spec.

(Gear)

Thank you very much for posting threads like this. Even though I don't play a rogue, I really appreciate you taking time to communicate with the community about upcoming changes. I can't wait to see what's in store for the other classes, too.

Rogues: Getting closer to 4k DPS on Murdantix one virulent poison proc at the time.

Anyways, glad to see trion still care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    Just want to notify everyone about the upcoming changes. We hope to push these to the test server in a week.

Bladedancer

Blade Finesse: Functionality has been changed. It now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Finishers by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks with melee weapons.
    People that put points into BD only use Deadly Strike anyways, so it doesn't chance anything at all.

Combat Expertise: Functionality has been changed. It now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Combo Point generating abilities by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks with melee weapons.
    It pushes DPS slightly for BD-DPS builds, it's okish, but i liked the option for extra hit for fresh 50 to start doing dungeons etc, not THAT happy about that change.

Combat Culmination: Functionality has been changed. Your Finishers cause Physical attacks to ignore 1-3% of your target's armor per Combo Point for 10 seconds.
    Well, 15% armor penetration is another slight boost, which buffs 51pt BD and/or bladestalker builds. It's nice.

Ranger

King of the Jungle: It now increases pet damage by 20%, up from 10%. For every point in the Ranger’s soul above 21, it increases pet damage by 6%, up from 3%.
    Rogue pets deal about 150 DPS, cleric pets deal about 800 DPS and warrior pets about 400ish DPS. Buffing the pets DPS is needed, but this isn't enough, not even close.

Feral Aggression: Increases Crit Hit chance and also pet damage by 100% for 15 seconds. Cooldown is reduced from 2 mins to 1 min.
    Again, Pet DPS is SOOOO low i can't get excited about that chance.

I never ever used this skill even once and i'm lvl 50 since march, useless skill, if it wouldn't break when damaged it would be better, bet please just replace it.

Only usefull in PvP to be honest, but who the hell plays ranger in PvP?
    Could be used at fights like Generel Silgen? One big AoE each second, but avoiding the damage is no problem... i really so no point in this skill to be honest.

Assassin’s Poisons and Nightblade Weapon Enchantments
    These are nice.

Feedback in red. Not really excited about the changes. :/

It's a tiny buff to current builds, a few adjustments for BDs but overall nothing to make me look at the soul tree calc trying to think of a new build to test or enjoy.
    Last edited by Coffande; 12-29-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Whoa, merry christmas to you too
    ~Quiescent

Champion

Today,

is a good day.

Looking forward for more changes for 1.7 also

Combat culmination change is going to make us more energy starved while soloing. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Combat culmination change is going to make us more energy starved while soloing. =/
    You have space for that in your solo build?

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post

Bladedancer

Ranger

King of the Jungle: It now increases pet damage by 20%, up from 10%. For every point in the Rangerís soul above 21, it increases pet damage by 6%, up from 3%.

Assassinís Poisons and Nightblade Weapon Enchantments

Assassin: The Attack Power contribution to the damage from poisons has been increased.

Assassin: Leeching Poison: The Attack Power contribution to the healing from Leeching Poison has been increased.

Nightblade: The Attack Power contribution to the damage from weapon enchantments has been increased.

These changes are not yet final and will be subjected to change based on feedback and parses.

Wow awsome changes to bard. thank you, just what we ben asking for.
    Thanks for not reading a god damn thing.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodangel90 View Post
    Wow awsome changes to bard. thank you, just what we ben asking for.
    Thanks for not reading a god damn thing.
    Bard is the least of our problems.

thanks, but no thanks

Ascendant

Ranger
    I'd like to suggest an ammendment to the Ranger King of the Jungle change.

Instead of making it only a flat 'per point in soul increase' how about modifying it to have it also improve with the Ranger's AP. Look carefully at the Ranger tree's attacks and you'll see none of them get a bonus from AP. Plus, the main problem with Ranger pets is how poorly they scale with the Rogue's stats.

King of the Jungle - For every xx Attack Power the Ranger's pet gets a bonus xx% damage (as well as previous effects).
    _____
    Bladedancer
    I actually like these changes. The Blade Finesse change makes the soul a little more hybrid-friendly and the other two could be a nice moderate damage boost.

I still think you need to change Deadly Dance to proc off all Bladedancer Finishers: Deadly Strike, False Blade, Dauntless Strike and Compound Attack - not just Deadly Strike. That's the big thing to me. This would let Bladedancers use Compound Attack for AoE damage instead of just Deadly Strike (you Deadly Dance your Twin Strikes for the most damage right now).

The Bladedancer's AoE damage (Rogue AoE damage in general really) is pretty darned poor right now.
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-29-2011 at 04:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast