+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged Rogue leveling build?

Soulwalker

Default Ranged Rogue leveling build?

Well, looks like I'll be coming back to Rift. Haven't played since April, but did manage to level a Warrior to 50 with some decent tanking gear in the time I did play. I really don't know what's going on with Warriors these days and what specs are at the top, so rather than relearning how to play one I would much rather make a Rogue. I've always found Rogues to be extremely cool and regret not rolling one in the first place, so it's the perfect opportunity. I would like to go Ranged, but don't know what the best spec is for leveling. I've been reading up and getting mixed answers so I'm pretty confused as to where to start. Any guides for 1.5-1.6 would be nice as well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Weekend View Post
    I would like to go Ranged, but don't know what the best spec is for leveling. I've been reading up and getting mixed answers so I'm pretty confused as to where to start. Any guides for 1.5-1.6 would be nice as well.
    If you want a good levelling rogue you have lots of options. If going ranged, the build is easy. Ranger. Ranger. Ranger. doesn't matter what you add to it, as your pet will tank everything for you. Usually some marksman and assassin goes nicely, depending on your level.

If going melee, which is lots of fun, you can do riftstalker for the port shield, bard for self healing, and Sin for the healing poison buff, or bladedancer for the coolness.

I levelled as a rogue and used about three different variations of the above, and all worked well and were fun to play. Good luck.

Default Ranged Rogue leveling build

Since your going for a ranged build I believe putting most of your points in ranger is your best bet. If I were you I would use marksman as a secondary to ranger and bard as the third soul. Early on your spec could look similar to this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McNf.x0z.EMobu0k.x0z">Bard (6) / Ranger (21) / Marksman (6)</a>

Thats at level 25, and I have a new friend who just started playing Rift and is using this spec and says he doing great soloing with the buffs/off heals from bard and the tanking pet with his ranger/marksman damage.

This is just my idea, I am not trying to say its the best leveling spec or anything like that, but I think if you give it a try you will like it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Krinox View Post
    Since your going for a ranged build I believe putting most of your points in ranger is your best bet. If I were you I would use marksman as a secondary to ranger and bard as the third soul. Early on your spec could look similar to this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McNf.x0z.EMobu0k.x0z">Bard (6) / Ranger (21) / Marksman (6)</a>

Thats at level 25, and I have a new friend who just started playing Rift and is using this spec and says he doing great soloing with the buffs/off heals from bard and the tanking pet with his ranger/marksman damage.

This is just my idea, I am not trying to say its the best leveling spec or anything like that, but I think if you give it a try you will like it.
    This sounds nice, I might give it a try. I had been considering Bard as a third soul, but wanted some more input first.

Rift Chaser

Bard now has a spotter's order type coda available at 14 points. Probably a good dps boost for the piggy on mobs that last past 2 finishers.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    Bard now has a spotter's order type coda available at 14 points. Probably a good dps boost for the piggy on mobs that last past 2 finishers.
    Sounds interesting.. any builds as of yet which include this?

+ Reply to Thread