+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Want your main soul to be Sin? Ask away

Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    If you want to beat an -icar as Sin. You need Fel Blades.

That and use some more PvE orientated gear for hit. They aren't going to kill you any time soon so it's not much of an issue.

All about gearing for your opponent.

After that it's pretty straight forward what to do.
    Or swap to MM, eradicate their buffs and blow them up at range.

No convictions makes for a sad, sad -icar.

There's no one-spec fits all scenario in pvp, and if there is it'd be pretty OP and needs to be nerfed accordingly.

I realize this is a thread about 'sin, but trying to bash your head against an -icar cleric in melee is sorta... dumb.

Telaran

do you have a link to the spec to see where you put your points at?
    Is this the spec your always running now, or just verse the cleric?
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I used to say the same thing.

16 nb 16 bd 34 sin is how I have been doing it lately. If you have less than 150 hit in PvP dont bother tbh though.

Save your Foul Play for OTN, just do normal rotations, he pops OTN Foul Play 5 cp DD, Slip Assassinate. Stay behind the prick the entire fight as much as possible as well.

The XXXicar is really the only successful Sin killer, and it's ability to do anything but that is lacking, whereas Sin can be viable anywhere. Argue that it isn't decent in a group setting, if the sin knows what he is doing, focusing down that one healer, or dom that is messing up the entire field is a game changer.
    The truth is something people say they want to hear, but truly do not want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Yeah because if you are in pvp gear only 1 attack seems to land every 5 swings. Give me a full set of raid gear with something dumb like 300 hit and my sin will drop justicar oriented specs like cake. Even sporting 75 hit though, it can take me 10 - 20 swings sometimes just to build up a finisher it feels like. That is once my finisher lands after missing 3 times
    Unfortunately, if you garner 300 hit and drop all that valor he'll probably just two-shot you.

EDIT: Although, the 23 justi parrying thing is a bug. It's supposed to scale with SP and cap out at 20%, but it actually absorbs all the hit we have before it caps, and then it caps out at 20%. So, to actually hit a R8 -icar you'll need around 200-300 hit.
    Last edited by Zaros; 12-29-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Unfortunately, if you garner 300 hit and drop all that valor he'll probably just two-shot you.

EDIT: Although, the 23 justi parrying thing is a bug. It's supposed to scale with SP and cap out at 20%, but it actually absorbs all the hit we have before it caps, and then it caps out at 20%. So, to actually hit a R8 -icar you'll need around 200-300 hit.

I have had success against inquisicars with 290 hit rating in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Soulwalker

I notice you've been talkin about having +to hit for pvp.. I heard that having +to hit in pvp is a waste, is that true or does it actualy help?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Majiks View Post
    I notice you've been talkin about having +to hit for pvp.. I heard that having +to hit in pvp is a waste, is that true or does it actualy help?
    It depends on what's your target. But I'd say around 100hit is the minimum required. Some specc (shields for instance) need about 300hit to be correctly by passed.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Majiks View Post
    To hit builds that have defensive bonuses such as warrior block, and the justicar clerics... and to a very small degree rogue dodge.. you'll need hit. 75hit is fine vs most foes, but you'll have trouble on warriors and clerics. 150 hit is fine vs most, except the uber clerics. 300+ will hit about anything.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

So you pretty much need two HK/ROTP Dagger,Axe,Sword and Bow/Gun. So you can get the 150 hit from those 3 items.. I dont understand why Trion does not just even it out by adding +45 or so Hit to each PvP weapon for Rogues. That way the people that PvE and PvP dont get the upper hand just because they have a guild that raids and can be online at raid times...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    So you pretty much need two HK/ROTP Dagger,Axe,Sword and Bow/Gun. So you can get the 150 hit from those 3 items.. I dont understand why Trion does not just even it out by adding +45 or so Hit to each PvP weapon for Rogues. That way the people that PvE and PvP dont get the upper hand just because they have a guild that raids and can be online at raid times...
    That's it. But I wouldn't like PvP weapons to have +Hit, hit is not required to compete, it's just needed to counter specific builds that have quite low dps anyway(so they are not that competitiv in WFs), so it's more a 1v1 issue.
    To me , shield speccs, are definitly the only challenging ones for a rogue, and I want some challenging speccs that kick my *** from time to time so I don't get bored. If I want to become a predator for every speccs, I want it to require some massiv efforts like pve farming/raiding, which I don't enjoy as much as PvP...

This game is already easy enough.

Also, with 1.7 T1 relic loots update, you can easily run GsB/RoS and try to get one. As a P8 it will be easy.(with P8 stuff only, raiding HK/Rotp isn't that easy...)
    Last edited by Gaaz; 01-12-2012 at 04:04 AM.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Telaran

Default Technique VS Build

51 sin build played smart can smoke any class, they pop defensive buff, throw poison dust (even usable while disarmed), they use break free, use foul play or poison gas, wait out the buff, restart fight, I love to go against clerics while using leaching + debilitating poisons, no matter how survivable their build, that blue bar eventually hits empty, and at best they can barely survive my dps alone, anyone else joins in and they drop. Same on warden specs, at best they can try to out last while I chip away at their mana. Not to mention 4k+ damage in the first 3 attacks against 1k or more valor usually puts them into panic mode.

Soulwalker

Default Which Weapons are best for PVE/Raiding DPS

Was wondering which weapons would do the most dps as in Daggers?Swords?Axes? I run a 51 SIN/ 10 MM/ 5RS, yes I know QQ about my spec but I set it up for max AP output for bleeds and damage. But was trying to figure out the math behind a 1.8 At.Sp. (56-105) http://rift.zam.com/en/item/ECC0C8C2...1/Molten-Brand and 2.1 At.Sp. (65-122) http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8CBBEA97...ge-Beastcarver and a 2.4 At.Sp. (75-140) http://rift.zam.com/en/item/A2C1B936...night%27s-Edge . Due to GCD, would a slower weapon decrease dps or end up the same due to the higher damage? Alot of Assassin abilities are based off of either weapon damage +% or AP +% bonus. Yes I realize that Molten Brand is BiS, just wondering about pushing out that extra 100+ dps or so. Also any math concerning AP to bleeds would be usefull. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2