+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: expose weakness bug

Default expose weakness bug

expose weakness currently only adds damage to physical attacks, but non physical attacks remove a stack of the debuff without recieving extra damage

Can't confirm, I'm constantly strafing and spamming swift shot (so no auto attacks or bleed ticks) and it's only removing 1 expose stack even when both poisons proc at the same time. I don't believe this is a bug either; the tooltip mentions that it increases damage taken by x from the rogues physical attacks and bleeds

(Gear)

While testing this I think I might have found a real bug though, expose is dropping 3 charges every time serrated ticks without giving it 3 exposed bonus dmg amounts. Going to do some parses would be nice if someone else could test this out also.

(Gear)

RIFT Guide Writer

To the OP. I tested with manual application expose weakness and fiery spike and twilight force from range. Fiery spike and twilight force did not remove stacks so I can't confirm that bug.

To Adnoz. I tested with spamming fiery spike from range to get 3 stacks of serrated blades rolling, then applied expose weakness manually and saw that each serrated blades proc was removing 3 from the stack while only giving the damage bonus of one. I have been wondering why the expose weakness stacks run out so quickly but that explains it, a few crits and they are all gone.

Yep definitely not getting 3x exposed bonus.
    Max serrated blades without expose: 209 (only happened once in a 7minute parse)
    Max serrated blades with expose: 287 (only happened once in a 10minute parse)
    My expose with IFP active was giving 79damage bonus, and it is definitely removing 3 stacks per tick. Fix plz trion~!

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    expose weakness currently only adds damage to physical attacks, but non physical attacks remove a stack of the debuff without recieving extra damage
    Non phys attacks are not removing stacks of it. You are getting auto attacks or serrated blades which is doing it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/23108...xpose-Weakness

Expose weakness never will increase damage of non phys attacks.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Koe

Serrated Blades removes up to 3 stacks of Expose Weakness per tick.

However many stacks of Serrated = How many stacks it takes off.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Ascendant

Well, that stinks, they should change it so it gets the benefit of 3 expose charges or only have it consume 1 charge, but of course that would boost our dps, can't have that can we?

yeah no matter how it worked out, I think it would end up being a DPS boost,
    higher count FBs inbetween reapplies, because expose would not be getting removed as fast, or another 150-250 per tick dps add for each of the other two that are not getting counted in.

would be nice to have it fixed which ever way they say is the correct function of the ability, because right now, it is clear that all it is doing is consuming the counts, and adding nothing besides for the one tick

Definitely needs fixed, this would be a significant DPS boost if we got the full benefit from expose, every time we crit in a raid we're losing exposedmg*2 damage.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    While testing this I think I might have found a real bug though, expose is dropping 3 charges every time serrated ticks without giving it 3 exposed bonus dmg amounts. Going to do some parses would be nice if someone else could test this out also.
    that's what it is doing, i never even thought of that before but i knew something was wrong with it just tested it again and that's exactly what is happening.

That explains a lot. I was wondering why EW drops off so quickly. Great catch, hopefully Trion will fix it, since it is clearly a bug.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Yep definitely not getting 3x exposed bonus.
    Max serrated blades without expose: 209 (only happened once in a 7minute parse)
    Max serrated blades with expose: 287 (only happened once in a 10minute parse)
    My expose with IFP active was giving 79damage bonus, and it is definitely removing 3 stacks per tick. Fix plz trion~!
    Thank you for bringing this up. We are looking into this and I will let you know when we resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up. We are looking into this and I will let you know when we resolve it.
    Thanks man

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    thanks for the quick responce and looking into the problem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast