+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Crymoor's PvP Assassin Guide

  1. #16
    Rift Chaser Garethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    No probs. Puzzle bailed on us again cause he wanted to play with Apo, Jean, and Ticonz!

    I can't even enjoy Warzones anymore btw, soooo much skill lag.

    EDIT: Stop making me derail my own thread!
    Figures apo would roll on the wrong side again too. we really need to get peopl all on the same page for gw2 ^.^
    Last edited by Garethe; 12-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Guardian: Kalgarr/Berhard/Garethe/Albreacht, The Granite Guard @Seastone
    Defiant: Aelai/Reiniger @Seastone
    Nec Mirior, Nec Timeo!

  2. #17
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    I really don't think there is any point to 51 assassin specs as they do bad against anything not named warrior.

    My hard drive blew up and subs up in 10 days so I won't be playing anymore, but I'll leave what I think is the most successful assassin main soul spec here.

    PvP Blood Stalker

    P.S. Rift Barrier may look good, but the combat bugs are NOT worth the headaches.

    If you have a good healer taped to your *** this spec is better for warfronts.

    Blood Stalker with Nightblade.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 12-27-2011 at 06:39 PM.

  3. #18
    Champion Rolemodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    I really don't think there is any point to 51 assassin specs as they do bad against anything not named warrior.

    My hard drive blew up and subs up in 10 days so I won't be playing anymore, but I'll leave what I think is the most successful assassin main soul spec here.

    PvP Blood Stalker

    P.S. Rift Barrier may look good, but the combat bugs are NOT worth the headaches.
    They did fine against you

    Gorm, my level of anger right now is off the charts. PvP is unplayable for me. My off GCD interrupt goes off 4sec after I activate it. My other attacks rarely go off at all as if by the time they register the enemy is out of range.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

  4. #19
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    They did fine against you

    Gorm, my level of anger right now is off the charts. PvP is unplayable for me. My off GCD interrupt goes off 4sec after I activate it. My other attacks rarely go off at all as if by the time they register the enemy is out of range.
    I was rank 6 without HK weapons. Plus I don't run into you during my main playtime lol.

    But if you REALLY wanted to play a 51sin build, 15Inf 0Rng is the only way to do it I'd say.

  5. #20
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Sin specs are so 90s

  6. #21
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Damn Crymoor didn't realize you were quitting. Good luck in your next game, and good looks on the Sin guide.

    He's a beast rogue who knows the Sin spec inside and out.

    Hope to see ya in GW2 or some good PvP game.

    PS - Puzzle go away to your SWTOR poop!
    <Retired>

  7. #22
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Great write up. Only thing I didn't like is the note on Jagged Strike. I know you almost never know what your target has equipped, but if that target has any heal on block/deflect trinks or greaters that dot could be your death.

    As gay as it is bleeds can be blocked. Each one of those ticks is a potential 2k+ heal. It is apples and oranges talking effectiveness between Jagged and Assassinate, but get to know your enemies, and know who normally uses what. Will save a lot of people a lot of frustration.

    Know the field.
    Know yourself.

    Most importantly

    Know your enemy.

    Edit: Not to the OP, I am sure he knows. But anyone looking @ this write up for a guide, take this as a small tid bit.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-28-2011 at 04:01 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  8. #23
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Crymoor.
    Why does this name ring a bell?
    I think we did Epic Battelz!!

    Does Scion@Dayblind ring a bell at all?
    "You lost me at Balance"

  9. #24
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    They did fine against you

    Gorm, my level of anger right now is off the charts. PvP is unplayable for me. My off GCD interrupt goes off 4sec after I activate it. My other attacks rarely go off at all as if by the time they register the enemy is out of range.
    I found that with 236 hit, no SnB warrior can block any of my bleeds, I tested this extensively, and with the 30% damage increase to assassin bleeds due to HK synergy crystal, plus 15% damage increase after blinking, my dots tick harder than any 51 point assassin:-) its worth it to raid in any game, the gear is really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  10. #25
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Nice guide.

    Some nice info, not just for sin or rogues. It's more about soloing.(panning camera, using consummables etc etc).

    You miss some other consummables though, but still nice to read these tips (95% of the people I kill don't use any)

    Thanks for info (even if I don't play sin anymore)
    Last edited by Gaaz; 12-28-2011 at 07:25 AM.

    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

  11. #26
    Champion Rolemodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Nice guide.

    Some nice info, not just for sin or rogues. It's more about soloing.(panning camera, using consummables etc etc).

    You miss some other consummables though, but still nice to read these tips (95% of the people I kill don't use any)

    Thanks for info (even if I don't play sin anymore)
    Yeah I know I missed alot of stuff. Even left out a whole section about Incapacitate. Just wanted to get this finished before I forgot how to play completely. Feel free to add in whatever you like, this is to help our fellow rogues! :P
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

  12. #27
    Champion Rolemodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Great write up. Only thing I didn't like is the note on Jagged Strike. I know you almost never know what your target has equipped, but if that target has any heal on block/deflect trinks or greaters that dot could be your death.

    As gay as it is bleeds can be blocked. Each one of those ticks is a potential 2k+ heal. It is apples and oranges talking effectiveness between Jagged and Assassinate, but get to know your enemies, and know who normally uses what. Will save a lot of people a lot of frustration.

    Know the field.
    Know yourself.

    Most importantly

    Know your enemy.

    Edit: Not to the OP, I am sure he knows. But anyone looking @ this write up for a guide, take this as a small tid bit.
    Aye, I guess I included alot of basics but left this out. Thanks for the catch!

    I came to Dayblind for a bit yes but I didn't know many of the defiants so I didn't get to do many 1v1's. Plus after being on Sunrest the game just got a little too easy for me. I watched you dueling in Ember Isle for a bit though, you were running a RS/Sin/BD build with alot of HP and self healz. Not sure a fight like that would've turned out so well for me :P

    @Gunzip I did some raiding for a bit back when HK first came out. Unfortunately RL got in the way so I had to cut my play time quite a bit and stopped raiding all together.

    @Tigruz Thanks for the kind words! <3 I'll still post here, I'm thinking rogue reunion party for GW2! Keep in touch! Uhmmm.... I'm kinda playing SWtoR on the same server as Puzzle until then... Sowwi.
    (GW2 beta has already started. Probably can expect open beta in another month or two)
    Last edited by Rolemodel; 12-28-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

  13. #28
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    How do you handle pyro/doms with blink? Just slip away and reopen? I play with my bros r8 mage and only nb/rs rogues with multiple blinks give him trouble. Most assassins it's just blink poly dead in 2gcds.

  14. #29
    Champion Rolemodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    How do you handle pyro/doms with blink? Just slip away and reopen? I play with my bros r8 mage and only nb/rs rogues with multiple blinks give him trouble. Most assassins it's just blink poly dead in 2gcds.
    I actually don't have any trouble with pyro/doms. Smart mages will just mount up if you slip away, so you have to keep them on the hook.

    The best thing to do is open Jagged>Serpent>Impale (4pt finisher) these will be on him in ~1second so he will have no time to react, he will then blink and squirrel you, break free of squirrel and pop your absorb trinket as you close the gap. Also be spamming your quickshot/headshot. If he pops clones/heatwave use cleanse soul as the first fireball or clones voidbolt is traveling towards you. Pop it early if he storm shackles. Ideally he will do all 3 at the same time. You should be near him now, and he will be around 70% if you hit moderately hard. Foul Play>Puncture>Backstab>Savage Strike>Malicious Strike>Savage Strike>Final Blow. If it's a really tough fight you may need to Slip Away for another opener, although if you get the jump on him you won't need it.

    Bleeds posted a vid of me... It's not the best playing from me, in fact I shouldn't have even opened on him with those odds. But he killed my friend Puzzle </3
    Anyways I'll try to find it. You'd probably find it more helpful.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAhx-yGNQEs
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

  15. #30
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
    Why you play zergling side?

    I'm going to have to pewpew you once you start playing!

    Thanks for writing this up cry
    Because I'm gonna try PvE on this game.

    And why not roll against TW et Sunrest PvPers? I'll know there's strong competition against Repubs then. Atleast it'll be better than Rift where all the strong PvPers were on Guardian side (as far as guilds or organized presences go), but all the Guards were also all bored out of their minds.

    It's fine. I'll lead the sea of Red against ya'll ^^
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts