+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raiding Dps-Bard question

Telaran

Default Raiding Dps-Bard question

I am toying around with the idea of a "dps bard" (if this has been discussed i apologize). Before I post the build I am toying with I need someone more experienced than I to answer this question... Is VoJ absolutely needed?

The basis of my build is; A bard is pretty much only there for buffs. If the bard can apply all the motifs then he is doing his job.

With this idea I am thinking about only putting points into bard which improve the buffs, the rest can go into a dps tree.

I got it down to 33 point into bard. With this you have the exact same support heal capabilities of 51 bard, minus VoV (which heals way too little for a 1 min cooldown imo). You also have all the fanfares, minus Int/Wis (which clerics and mages can apply to raid).

Missing out on VoJ is the only big downside to not having 51 bard. I know this guy is important in "burst damage" situations, but if the bard himself is contributing considerable dps then this could be accounted for.

Here is the build I am toying with (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...E0x0V0V00M.V0z), I went ranged cause I am more comfortable shooting from far away. There is no reason this build cannot be a melee build. I am honestly not sure how to maximize dps with only 33 points to work with.

I would appreciated feedback from the rogue community. If there is something to this idea i am open how to use the extra 33 points. If it is not viable in a raiding situation I understand completely and will go on with my 51 build.

yes voj is absolutely 100% needed

If you want to dps go 51bard 15 ranger and apply piercing shot and do 1000-1500 dps. While keeping up motifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Thanks for the quick reply.

+ Reply to Thread