+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zyzyx

Thread: Help me decide.

Default Help me decide.

Which melee specc is easier for raiding, and has the highest dps potential, bloodstalker or 49 nightblade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Which melee specc is easier for raiding, and has the highest dps potential, bloodstalker or 49 nightblade?
    Unless I am mistaken, Stalker is higher but more difficult to use so if you cannot handle the rotation, NB will surpass it. NB is pretty easy to handle. Stalker is the current max DPS spec for rogues though.
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    There is nothing hard about bloodstalkers rotation, if you can pay attention and multi task :P
    more importantly tho,
    it depends on YOUR GEAR, crystals, and stats.
    if you are not T2 Raid geared ( aka HK plaque gear ) with the sin crystal at atleast 2/4 HK or 4/4 T1 then it will not preform well for you.
    bloodstalker is also not ideal for every fight, tho Trion is making it better. search out the threads here on the rogue forums for bloodstalker and it will explain it out well for you and to what fights it works better in, and what ones it does not.
    NB does do very well, but not near as well as stalker does now, nor as our AP stacking increases.

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    There is nothing hard about bloodstalkers rotation, if you can pay attention and multi task :P
    more importantly tho,
    it depends on YOUR GEAR, crystals, and stats.
    if you are not T2 Raid geared ( aka HK plaque gear ) with the sin crystal at atleast 2/4 HK or 4/4 T1 then it will not preform well for you.
    bloodstalker is also not ideal for every fight, tho Trion is making it better. search out the threads here on the rogue forums for bloodstalker and it will explain it out well for you and to what fights it works better in, and what ones it does not.
    NB does do very well, but not near as well as stalker does now, nor as our AP stacking increases.
    What I said was that it was harder not rocket science. The NB spec is one of the easiest in my opinion to play. In that regard, the comment is still valid. Zip also asked only about the two specs.

You are right about gear making a difference...who knew? Since I know Zip has a 55 dps bow at minimum (PVP), I could have suggested Marksman since it could potentially be higher depending on...gear.

However, the question was a comparison of the two specs. One harder (when you compare) with higher DPS potential and one easier one with lower DPS potential.
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

nightblade

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    nightblade
    Nightblade it is then
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

nightblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    nightblade
    I agree, if you can only bring one melee spec to HK i would bring NB.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread