+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for assistance with Macros

Default Looking for assistance with Macros

Hi all I am playing a marksman/ranger. Screenshot of loadout here: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ft/loadout.jpg
    My macros currently are:

Single Target Macro
    Bull's Eye
    Empowered Shot
    Crippling Shot
    Shadow Fire
    Splinter Shot
    Quick Shot
    Barbed Shot
    Swift Shot

Multi Target Macro
    Fan Out
    Lightning Fury
    Repelling Shot
    Crossfire

I'm not clear on things such as cool-downs and some of the stacking effects. What i am looking to achieve is have the most efficient macros for taking down opponents. I do not PVP and enjoy most of my time playing in groups, with some soloing. I only notice a few of the macro'd abilities actually being activated so I'm wondering if they even are going off and if not, should they be in the macro to begin with?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Righter8; 12-26-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Koe

It goes in order from the top, and if an ability has no CD it will not go past it.

Fan Out
    Lightning Fury
    Repelling Shot
    Crossfire
    It will never use anything below Fan Out because it has no CD. You press the button once, it looks from the top down. Press it again, it starts again from the top and goes to whichever ability is able to be used.

I would reccomend

#Show Lightning Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Repelling Shot
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

and I would keep Crossfire on a seperate key if you ever need it.

The way this macro would work is if you are out of range of Replleing Shot, it will use Lightning Fury. When lightning fury is on CD, it will use fan out. If the opponent comes close enough to use Repelling Shot, it will use Repelling Shot.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Thanks, Koe.

Can I assume that my Macro for single targets looks ok? you didn't say anything about it, so I guess it works? I notice that Bull's Eye, Empowered Shot and Shadow Fire are the only powers that go off. If the others do, i don't see an indication of it.

Thanks again.

I use a MM/ranger spec, only things I macro together are lightning fury/fan out & piercing shot/quick shot. The bleed for Quick Shot makes it better than the MM similar if you dont mind dropping run speed some. I only use bullseye on Dead Eye Shot. I don't spec high enough for ranger aoe's but I don't mind it, the MM AoE's do more raw damage unless you really want that quick combo point building.

Quote Originally Posted by Righter8 View Post
    Single Target Macro
    Bull's Eye
    Empowered Shot
    Crippling Shot
    Shadow Fire
    Splinter Shot
    Quick Shot
    Barbed Shot
    Swift Shot
    Don't macro Bulls Eye, or you'll waste it on some crap skill. You should only be using it for Deadeye Shot (it's a waste on Rapid Fire as it only works on the first tick).

You have three "spam" skills (QS, Barbed and Swift) so only the first one will ever go off. But you should be binding Quick Shot separately anyway so you don't clip the bleed effect, and should be using Barbed in a dps rotation anyway.

Empowered, Shadow and Splinter depends a bit on your build and gear. I *think* that without the relevant synergy crystals Empowered and Splinter are a DPS loss, so you should be using one or the other (depending on crystal) but not both. In any event, they're all higher priority than Crippling, so move them to the top of your macro. Ideally you should also take Shadow Fire out of your macro and use it separately so you don't reapply it before the buff runs out, but it makes very little difference, and I think with the crystal it's a DPS gain to use it on cooldown anyway.

I would macro Shadowfire, Crippling Shot and Quick Shot on one key, Bullseye and Deadeye on another, put Rapid Fire, Strafe and Reload on separate keys. I would not use Empowered unless I had the MM 4-piece bouns for T1 raid gear (and I use the Ranger crystal).

+ Reply to Thread