+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Completely tooled by a bard. (creative thinking, no QQs)

Soulwalker

Default Completely tooled by a bard. (creative thinking, no QQs)

I was doing pvp dailys in stillmore when a defiant rogue popped up. He was clearly bard spec I could see all the fanfares up "he had 6.4k health I have 5.9k" but I died too quickly to note any other buffs but he definitely was not raid buffed I know that for sure. All I do know is that I died in 8-12 seconds, his Cadance was ticking in the 300 range and his Power Cord crit me for 630 as well as out healing all my measly damage.

Im a p6 rogue with decent enough gear for 1v1 world pvp, and im also not an idiot. I just cant wrap my head around this situation and WHAT SPEC AND GEAR this other player had! I know that Cadance damage is directly effected by attack power and I have been playing around with many bard spec combinations for maximum AP but I cant get my cadance higher than 150-180.

This certainly isn't a QQ post I am just asking for any ideas on what gear and spec could have possibly been used.

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Did said rogue have all three fanfares up or just power and vigor? Unless raid buffed...that can help you pinpoint the points into bard he was. Checking your combat log for what else killed you could narrow down the other classes unless you were just luted to death.
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

Koe

His cadence was not hitting for 300 from range, unless he had come into melee to use Deadly Strike.

Then again, I have seen some obscene numbers and I don't quite know how.

Invasion bosses in EI, I've been hit by 4k Nature's Fury.

Been hit for ticks of Barbed Shot for 800 damage before, just roaming around.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Rift Disciple

I've killed lots in my 51 bard raiding spec.

It could be that he has low bard in his spec enough to get healing, (and had fanfares from another bard) my cadence in pvp gear crits for 350.

Was it solely cadence and power cord that he killed you with? If so, L.O.L

Soulwalker

100% I know his buffs were fanfare of vigor and power and the them which increases armor value "I cant remember the name off hand" and looked like the power surge vial buff "35 strength and dex" there couldnt have been any more than 1 or 2 more buff becasuse he only had 2 rows below the target icon. Yes I did check my combat log, he used cadance-power chord-coda of wrath, cadance-cadance-of restoration, cadance spam till im dead. Granted I probably wasn't at 100% health but I still got beat down hardcore by a bard.

I've put up a few good fight 1v1 bard with virtouso and coda of wrath spam but for me anyway cadance can never out dps the damage input.

Soulwalker

Sorry for the double post

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mcip.EIzqmV.Vhx.EIx

This is the spec I came up with

What spec were you running...?
    ~Quiescent

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    What spec were you running...?
    The only thing I can think of that can't beat the crap out of a bard is another bard or a 0/0/0 spec of some type.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    The only thing I can think of that can't beat the crap out of a bard is another bard or a 0/0/0 spec of some type.
    To be fair, bards can kite pretty well.

Until you use Twilight Force.

And I can outheal MMs using my standard 34bard/17sin/15inf(every CoR removes Vampiric, and then that CoR applis full heal, not debuffed).
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Virtuoso + Coda of Wrath spam

Edit: just noticed in your second post that he didn't chain Coda of Wrath, so i'm completely baffled.
    Last edited by Khronic; 12-26-2011 at 10:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread