+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Soul Tree Discussion.

Default Rogue Soul Tree Discussion.

Ok, yeah there's that little guide compilation right above this, irrelevant, that's not why im making this post. Yeah, there's probably other posts on this somewhere here, useless, a revived dead thread will be ignored.

Rift has a nice rogue system, the one problem with it? Damage output, we can easily be out dpsed by every other class in this game, in burst and dot. the reason i see that as such a huge problem is this, rogues have nothing else to offer other than damage, sure we have a tank spec, we're still squishy, get a warrior. Yes we have a healing/support spec, clerics and even mages do it better, we're playing second fiddle to everything in this game.

This is not a thread to complain, oh no, this is a thread to hopefully have the best minds in the realm of stealth assassins to come together and figure out how best we can maximize out damage output, or at least a way to last long enough in pvp to be a threat. Sure there's some good builds out there, but they're not perfect, so don't bother linking me to zam saying it's the end all and be all of rogue builds and that this thread is useless. If you're going to link me to a build, you better tell me WHY it's good, why YOU PERSONALLY see it as a good build, i don't want to hear that fotm bs.

Problem i see with most of the "leet builds" currently circulating, is that everyone is hooked on NB as a support soul. Why? Because you can spend 10 points and have 15% bonus to combo builders, and 15% to finishers, that covers most of your damage output right? I mean it doesn't cover any of your abilities that don't add a combo point, or don't use combo points, but that still includes most of your damage. Take a look at RS though, they have a skill in the 0-5 tier that increases overall damage by 15%, that means all your damaging abilities get a 15% bonus, and it costs half the points. Also, you get access to a nice endurance buff just for putting points into that skill, and who doesn't love free hp? Before anyone says "But it only increases your hp by 4" because i can see it happening, fully upgraded, it increases your endurance by 42, i think that's a pretty decent buff.

There's one example of how a lot of these builds could be better, just to help you understand where im coming from. Personally im not going to post any links to builds, at least not yet, if i start off with a link to a build, everyone will just come in here to rip it apart and this will turn into a thread about people emulating their masculinity, and not making you look like less of a joke as a rogue.

You want to tell me rogues arn't underpowered? That there is no perfect build? That build isn't important? That you're grandma makes the best cookies in all of Telara? Do it, but don't voice your opinion as if it's a fact of life that everyone should recognize, and be mature and respectful to this discussion and everyone posting in it, including myself.

TLDR: What build do you think brings out a rogues maximum power? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Ok, yeah there's that little guide compilation right above this, irrelevant, that's not why im making this post. Yeah, there's probably other posts on this somewhere here, useless, a revived dead thread will be ignored.

Rift has a nice rogue system, the one problem with it? Damage output, we can easily be out dpsed by every other class in this game, in burst and dot. the reason i see that as such a huge problem is this, rogues have nothing else to offer other than damage, sure we have a tank spec, we're still squishy, get a warrior. Yes we have a healing/support spec, clerics and even mages do it better, we're playing second fiddle to everything in this game.

This is not a thread to complain, oh no, this is a thread to hopefully have the best minds in the realm of stealth assassins to come together and figure out how best we can maximize out damage output, or at least a way to last long enough in pvp to be a threat. Sure there's some good builds out there, but they're not perfect, so don't bother linking me to zam saying it's the end all and be all of rogue builds and that this thread is useless. If you're going to link me to a build, you better tell me WHY it's good, why YOU PERSONALLY see it as a good build, i don't want to hear that fotm bs.

Problem i see with most of the "leet builds" currently circulating, is that everyone is hooked on NB as a support soul. Why? Because you can spend 10 points and have 15% bonus to combo builders, and 15% to finishers, that covers most of your damage output right? I mean it doesn't cover any of your abilities that don't add a combo point, or don't use combo points, but that still includes most of your damage. Take a look at RS though, they have a skill in the 0-5 tier that increases overall damage by 15%, that means all your damaging abilities get a 15% bonus, and it costs half the points. Also, you get access to a nice endurance buff just for putting points into that skill, and who doesn't love free hp? Before anyone says "But it only increases your hp by 4" because i can see it happening, fully upgraded, it increases your endurance by 42, i think that's a pretty decent buff.

There's one example of how a lot of these builds could be better, just to help you understand where im coming from. Personally im not going to post any links to builds, at least not yet, if i start off with a link to a build, everyone will just come in here to rip it apart and this will turn into a thread about people emulating their masculinity, and not making you look like less of a joke as a rogue.

You want to tell me rogues arn't underpowered? That there is no perfect build? That build isn't important? That you're grandma makes the best cookies in all of Telara? Do it, but don't voice your opinion as if it's a fact of life that everyone should recognize, and be mature and respectful to this discussion and everyone posting in it, including myself.

TLDR: What build do you think brings out a rogues maximum power? And why?
    You are either a very good troll or idk. PvP wise no one is going to only spec 10 in NB. PvE idk, don't do it.

Your arrogance in this thread is just asking to be trolled off the stand and become another dead post from the ignorant.

You should have kept the TL : DR version, and ditched you attempt at being suave.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-24-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    You are either a very good troll or idk. PvP wise no one is going to only spec 10 in NB. PvE idk, don't do it.

Your arrogance in this thread is just asking to be trolled off the stand and become another dead post from the ignorant.

You should have kept the TL : DR version, and ditched you attempt at being suave.
    Well, i know what i see and are told, everyone who gives build advice says to put 10 in nb, take it up with them. Arrogance? Either the wrong word, or you're seeing something that isn't there. Suave, no. This post is based off everything i've seen and heard, if it's wrong, maybe you should direct your insults at the majority of the community. I made this post because all the build advice and "TOP ROGUE BUILDS" i've seen, are horrible, and i wanted to get some good ones out there. Weather you're a troll, or just a cocky level 50, im not going to bother trying to help the less/mis informed if this is how people are going to act.

Whaaaaaaaaa....aaaaaa.....aaaaaaat
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

Some pretty valid points but my view of it is kind of another.

Those pretty leet builds need the best gear possible. Totally the best obtainable. Else in a teamplay situation for example in peeveepee, all you do is not so awesome dps and lack all those lock down extra abilities you sacrifice for some extra dps.

We're more a utility class imo. When we play proper we make those other players feel good about themselves when we totally lock down an enemy. But we get no credit on the dps scoreboard nope.

wtf am I reading? Rogues are one of the best pvp classes, 5 point riftstalker increase attack power (the stat) by 15%, not damage by 15%.
    You can throw your face at the mouse when dropping points in trees and dominate pvp as a rogue.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    wtf am I reading?
    lol, i thought the same thing.

To the OP try out Nightman, or 51 sin/15 inf, or NB/RS and if you can't get any traction in PvP i don't know what to tell you. Rogues are not "easily" out DPSed by every other class, especially not in PvP. In fact the high rogue DPS in PvP is probably the biggest reason for our lackluster DPS in PvE.

I am glad to see some new posters on here, but please read up a little more before posting "what needs to be fixed about rogues." Most of what you wrote is not even close to correct, and written in a very offensive way. There are multiple rogues that post very regularly on these forums that have put in more hours testing these builds than you have probably spent playing Rift at all.

Insulting people that have worked very hard to be sure that these forums are filled with good builds and *mostly* correct information is not a great way to get their positive feedback on your posts. And being a jerk, while also being wildly incorrect is really a recipe for being trolled relentlessly around here.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    lRogues are not "easily" out DPSed by every other class, especially not in PvP. In fact the high rogue DPS in PvP is probably the biggest reason for our lackluster DPS in PvE.
    /points @ Gyle

I WANT MY OLD MM CRYSTAL BACK!

+ Reply to Thread