• 1 Post By aleCs
  • 1 Post By Mav986
  • 1 Post By Miazara
  • 1 Post By hejtmane
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam

Thread: Synergy Crystals

Rift Disciple

Default Synergy Crystals

Possibly I should post this elsewhere, but I'm a new to 50 rogue so I hope you will help me out.

It looks to me that it's no use my having a synergy crystal unless I have the other items in a set of armor. Is this correct?

For example, if I had the Simple Synergy Crystal of Physical Offense, it wouldn't increase my attack power unless I also had the other piece of Dungeon Conquerer's armor? (And what might that be?)

I tried looking this up on Zam Rift, but that must be out of date, since it says this crystal only costs 3 IS, whereas now it costs 20.

Thanks for any help, and again sorry for the newbie type question.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblooded View Post
    Possibly I should post this elsewhere, but I'm a new to 50 rogue so I hope you will help me out.

It looks to me that it's no use my having a synergy crystal unless I have the other items in a set of armor. Is this correct?

For example, if I had the Simple Synergy Crystal of Physical Offense, it wouldn't increase my attack power unless I also had the other piece of Dungeon Conquerer's armor? (And what might that be?)

I tried looking this up on Zam Rift, but that must be out of date, since it says this crystal only costs 3 IS, whereas now it costs 20.

Thanks for any help, and again sorry for the newbie type question.
    The crystal itself is not part of the set. So you need 2 pieces to activate it.

Dungeon Conqueror's are the expensive plaque of achievement items you buy. Not the ones costing ~30 each but the second tier going for 100-200 each.

The blighted crystals are for the items you buy with marks of ascension. And then there are the hammerknell crystals which are for items you buy with greater marks of ascension.

To answer your question;

Yes, you are correct. The synergy crystal acts as an 'activator' for the set bonuses. You need 2 or more pieces of the corresponding 'set' in order to get that 'set bonus'.

Rift Disciple

Ok, so at the moment, I have 3/4 Nimble Deathbringer armor--so I might as well not bother with a crystal. I'm putting high-level runes on it. And when I get the last piece (the other dagger--I have the chest, shoulders, and one dagger), I get a bonus for air damage from having 4/4.

Thanks so much for the info!!
    Last edited by Darkblooded; 12-21-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Telaran

if you have a better item than one of the deathbringer items... replace it.
    the airdmg setboni is near 1% dmg output.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblooded View Post
    Ok, so at the moment, I have 3/4 Nimble Deathbringer armor--so I might as well not bother with a crystal. I'm putting high-level runes on it. And when I get the last piece (the other dagger--I have the chest, shoulders, and one dagger), I get a bonus for air damage from having 4/4.

Thanks so much for the info!!
    You shouldn't worry about the deathbringer bonuses. They're pretty terrible. Honestly, if an item drops that is an individual upgrade, use the upgrade. You'll get more dps out of it.

Shadowlander

Sets like Deathbringer with the listed bonuses on it do not require a crystal. Set pieces where it sais it needs a crystal needs it. Basically you can have 2 sets equipped, e.g. Deathbringer and Dungeon's Conquerer set. I have atm 3/4 Deathbringer and 4/4 Blighted Set with the Blighted Synergy Crystal.

Regarding Deathbringer, I find 4/4 to be utterly junk. The bonus counts for like 20 dps or less out of my 2k dps. So 1% or less. Not worth it at all. The other 2 bonuses are pretty good especially the 20ap. When checking for a new piece to replace I do try to get better pieces overall that makes the set outdated/worse. But that only seems possible with T4 items.. not T3 (or T1 Raid items, however you call it). If a piece has better stats then the current deathbringer piece I also try to account of losing the set bonus but always end up with keeping the 3/4 set. It is just that good !

Easiest piece to replace from the deathbringer set is the dagger by far.

Rift Chaser

The Deathbringer set bonus are not terrible they are ok the 4th one is blah

20ap for the 3rd piece + 20 endurance is solid but if you do it right Death bringer Chest, Shoulders and ring or sword not found a ring better than it is at this point. Then I am added Durnes Helmet, Gloves,Feet and about to add the pants next that way you can use the t1 crystal and I am getting 30ap from having two pieces +20ap from the death bringer gear so I am at +50ap.

That is not a bad setup in T1 raids until you get better gear all the way around

Rift Disciple

Well, I have to thank everyone for saving me the trouble of paying to have another Deathbringer dagger made! I'll put the money into getting runes that will increase my hit--I'm currently only at hit 163, so obviously I need to get higher.

Thanks again--I'm a casual player and don't know all the tricks, so I need all the help I can get, lol.

You can keep 4 piece deathbringer and 4 piece tier 1 if you really wanted the set bonuses of both.

Weapon / ring / shoulder / chest + helm/ glove / pants / boots.

Properly augmented, the shoulder and chests are competitive, if not margially better than the t1 stuff. The ring's decent, if a bit lacking in hit and the weapon you can stick in your offhand as a stat stick 'till you get better.

+ Reply to Thread