+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blighted Riftstalker 4pc Bonus

Default Blighted Riftstalker 4pc Bonus

Crystal Text: (4): Reduces the damage taken from a deflected non-physical attack by 15%
    Deflect Text: Deflect Rating increases your chance to deflect physical attacks by xx%

Can someone give me some clarity on what this bonus actually does?

Deflect sounds like it only deflects physical attacks, so how can the crystal reduce damage on deflected NON-physical attacks if we can only deflect physical attacks?

Either its not giving us anything extra or the description is broken. If there is anyone who can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Rift Guardian FORMER: Briarcliff-Gemini - CURRENT: Seastone-GeminiZero
    Darkfall & Eve: Gemini Zero

My Blog: LA Geekly

What it means is that a deflect of a physical attack will give you a flat damage reduction of the listed value against non-physical attacks.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

There are physical non-physical skills (haha...) ingame like the elemental strikes of nightblade and riftblades.
    They are considered physical skills because you can block/deflect/whatever them, but aren'T reduced by armor, therefor non-physical.

I think those skills are reduced by an extra 15%... kinda crappy if it really works that way.

So as far as raid tanking in concerned...the 4pc bonus is pretty useless?
    Rift Guardian FORMER: Briarcliff-Gemini - CURRENT: Seastone-GeminiZero
    Darkfall & Eve: Gemini Zero

My Blog: LA Geekly

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    What it means is that a deflect of a physical attack will give you a flat damage reduction of the listed value against non-physical attacks.
    No, that's not how it works. Coffande had it about right. Attacks that can be deflected but cause non-physical damage do 15% less damage when deflected with the bonus. I.e., if a mob hits you with Blazing Strike, it reduces the amount of post-deflect damage taken by 15%. AFAIK it only applies to instant, non-channeled attacks.

So basically it's utter crap because there's almost no attacks like these in serious raid content. T2 fire raid rifts are about the only place you'll be sort of glad to have it.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 12-21-2011 at 02:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread