+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok Need some opinions on some Rogue Tank builds

Rift Chaser

Default Ok Need some opinions on some Rogue Tank builds

OK right now I Tank T1,T2, Off tank for DH, GP and sometimes GSB not mine main role but I do fill in as need it in the guild

Currently I am running 51 RS/bd/rngr build

I have tried the RS/Bard/RNG build and I hate it to death no twin strikes just sucks on aoe pulls so i can not give it up just way to much enjoyment in play style.
    -
    So what I am wondering is what would be better between builds with the BD still in it

So is 51rs/BD/Rng better the 51rs/BD/Bard

I know some of it Rngr gives 4-6% damage reduction depending on how many points you put in and a 30 meter range attack for pulls etc. and 5% health

Now Bard gives 10% health and armor athem and a fanfare for endurance when no bard is around
    You only option for a ranged pull is 20 meter cadence

So any one have any thoughts which is the better return on tanking as a rogue or any insight

Thank You in advance

RIFT Guide Writer

51 RS, 8 BD, 7 ranger is still the cookie cutter tank build and I consider it the best overall performance for rogue tanking.

RIFT Guide Writer

Twin Strike just isn't needed for AE aggro. Use Rift Disturbance on cooldown and keep 100% uptime on Planar Vortex, and you'll have competitive threat with other tanks of your gear level (unless the Justicar is trolling by spamming DoL). You might even find you have to tone it down a bit -- I frequently pull entire trash packs off warrior tanks if I'm doing my rotation perfectly.

That being said, I run 51 RS / 8 BD / 7 RNG and 41 RS / 17 BD / 8 RNG as my tank builds.
    Last edited by Beckmann; 12-20-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann View Post
    Twin Strike just isn't needed for AE aggro. Use Rift Disturbance on cooldown and keep 100% uptime on Planar Vortex, and you'll have competitive threat with other tanks of your gear level (unless the Justicar is trolling by spamming DoL). You might even find you have to tone it down a bit -- I frequently pull entire trash packs off warrior tanks if I'm doing my rotation perfectly.

That being said, I run 51 RS / 8 BD / 7 RNG and 41 RS / 17 BD / 8 RNG as my tank builds.
    I know twin strike is not needed as i stated it is a playstyle issue for me not a agro issue

As well as Twin Strike, BD gives you a great cooldown, 5% extra dodge, another 5% from False Blade, and even more added damage when you dodge. If you're only going to run one tank spec, it's much better than some extra HP from Bard.

+ Reply to Thread