+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Healing Tank - Viable spec? [Bard + RS]

Soulwalker

Default Healing Tank - Viable spec? [Bard + RS]

Just got the game so im pretty new to the game. Used to play warhammer online alot.

My playstyle fits tanking and also healing.

My idea is to go this route:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...oz.xIx0zMdRokM

Is this build doomed or does it has it merits? im thinkinging it will be a good build when u get into groups missing a pure healer... i will be able to withstand some focus fire and still do some nice burst healing.

i think the build is okay for pvp but might be hard to level....

Any advice?

Thanks
    Joe

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Bard is garbage. Its for being a buff***** in raids and sneaking into T2s when the DPS queue is too long. Otherwise pretend it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-19-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Bard is garbage. Its for being a buff***** in raids and sneaking into T2s when the DPS queue is too long. Otherwise pretend it doesn't exist.

Was hoping this build was viable otherwise im unsure on how to make a build that fits my playstyle...

Telaran

If you really want to tank and heal (support healing) at the same time, a cleric is probably a better class for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeblows View Post

Was hoping this build was viable otherwise im unsure on how to make a build that fits my playstyle...
    I didn't even click your link. I'm just saying you shouldn't think of bard as a healer.

Telaran

I recommend cleric if you want a healing tank. I haven't played my cleric in a while, but I could tank any mobs and heal thru the damage and come out alive with full health frequently.

If you are set on playing a rogue, the best bet for a healing tank is riftstalker with chance to heal on deflect items.

I run a 40 RS/26 Bard/0 BD that is a pretty good Tank/Healer. Cadence spam with Coda of Restoration, planeshifts for shields and deflect. I use this more for pvp then pve though, but it should work in pve pretty darn well.

Hope that helps.

Malar
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

Soulwalker

Malar any liks to your builds so i can see?

Trying to rebuild my hero to match my playstyle and most builds i can find good info on is mage and dps

My goal is to make a damn good tank/healer.

Input appreciated.
    Last edited by Joeblows; 12-19-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: info

I didn't even click your link. I'm just saying you shouldn't think of bard as a healer.
    Maybe if the increase number of people you can heal at a time to 10-20.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Maybe if the increase number of people you can heal at a time to 10-20.
    Maybe if they decide what the bard should be.

Rift Chaser

Maybe if they decide what the bard should be.
    I thought they already did Bard = Buffbot

Now go sit in the corner and keep those mofits up says the raid leader

Ascendant

ya i didnt click either. the title says everything to me.
    this is due to me already trying this back when rogue changes were going on the PTS. it works horrible in terms of damage mitigation for a tank and then it screws it self again with the damage reduction from gaurdian phase making your heals from damage worthless. then... to be a healing "tank" you have to wear tank gear which has much less dex, no +ap, and no +crit so it screws itself once again because not only is damage reduced from buffs but your damage wasnt all that great to begin with.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

It's a pretty messed up spec to look at. Have you been a rogue tank yet? Tank some to get used to what you can get away with... but this spec looks like a disaster in the making imo.

Shadowlander

15brd/38rs/13bd is a viable t2 dungeoun tank spec. I've even used this in DH, GP, RoS, and GSb to off tank. As a OT you usualy sit there bored and waiting to do something. With a ShoE and a bard core i heal about 150hps in 5mans while I tank. Pop deadly strike and anid use cadence instead of planar strike. It is a very fun spec to run and helps aliviate the boredom that comes with a two button spam spec.

Soulwalker

thinking about going 20 BD / 22 RS / 24 Sin as my starter build based on what dunsparrow wrote about it...

I need a build that can take some heat and this build looks kinda nice and also packs a punch

Any other advice on good survivor builds are welcome!

kinda given up on the tank/heal build.
    Last edited by Joeblows; 12-20-2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: no heals:(

Telaran

Have you tried any of the rs/bard/x combos for your tank/heal build? I don't think you should give up just yet on what you wanted to play.

Don't get me wrong, the 24/22/20 build is awesome, mines slightly modified, its a great base for everything.

As far as the 40 RS/26 Bard/0 BD spec, Zam doesn't work for me atm, but you essentially pickup skills to increase health and armor, planeshift skills, increased healing, heals on kills, and bard increased healing, cadence healing, increased time on motifs, and fanfares, reduced hit chance on you, coda of restoration and improved healing on motif and coda, and riff for a quick 5 combo points.

This spec won't allow you to tank dungeons w/o a healer, but it can help supplement the healer or help if the healer dies. Just make sure you shift enough to keep shields up and utilize planar vortex and rift disturbance to help with threat. Besides that you can cadence spam and guarded steel or coda of restoration. Riff is nice to get a quick 5 cps for guarded steel right off the bat. Make sure you use sidesteps in BD as well.

Other healing options are lowering RS/Bard down some and taking Sin to get leeching poison. Best bet is to play with some builds and go to ember isle and gather some mobs and see what you think.

Either way, good luck with your build,

Malar
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast