+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baneful Rune PvP

Shadowlander

Default Baneful Rune PvP

Is this rune still worth using or should I just stick with 9 ap runes?

more likely 10 dex or 19 crit, possibly 13hit depending on what gear you use.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

10 dex = 5 ap I know dex effects other things aside from AP but I generally try to stack Ap and if +10 dex is only giving me 5 AP, i'd just assume use the +9AP which is almost like +18 dex.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    10 dex = 5 ap I know dex effects other things aside from AP but I generally try to stack Ap and if +10 dex is only giving me 5 AP, i'd just assume use the +9AP which is almost like +18 dex.
    in general crit > ap depending on spec and where your hit is at. this is also depending on where your crit level is at. only time you want to stack ap is if you are at crit softcap.

hit>crit>ap

Put +13 hit runes on absolutely everything you can (minus the hat) even if every weapon you have is an akylios relic.
    ~Quiescent

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auryon View Post
    Is this rune still worth using or should I just stick with 9 ap runes?
    It was never worth using in PvP, and 9 AP is inferior to 10 Dex in PvP, regardless of your crit situation. So the answer to your question is "No and no."
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-19-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Shadowlander

So hit or 10 dex even if i'm already over crit soft cap and plane shifts put me at hard cap?

So hit or 10 dex even if i'm already over crit soft cap and plane shifts put me at hard cap?
    Talents dont count towards caps, only rating.

(Gear)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Don't use hit enchants for PvP. You should have some hit in PvP but you can get that much more efficiently by using a PvE weapon or ring/neck.

Its pretty unlikely that you're reaching the 1187 crit cap in PvP, although its possible in R8 gear with a good core. More likely you're just confused about how the crit cap works.

The soft cap for crit is 1187 crit rating. Ignore percentages. The crit rating is all that matters. The hard cap is something like 2000 crit rating, but that doesn't matter because no one can ever reach it. Again, the percentage doesn't matter, only the rating. Buffs, talents, abilities, etc. that increase your % chance to crit, but not your crit rating do not count towards the cap.

Anyway, the reason you use dex enchants is because it gives you 10 crit, 5 AP and 10 dodge. This puts it ahead of any other enchants in PvP, even if you were crit capped.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-20-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Telaran

Default ..

It was never worth using in PvP, and 9 AP is inferior to 10 Dex in PvP, regardless of your crit situation. So the answer to your question is "No and no."

exACTly.... Jeez, amazing how many others provide bad advice or confusing advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Don't use hit enchants for PvP. You should have some hit in PvP but you can get that much more efficiently by using a PvE weapon or ring/neck.

Its pretty unlikely that you're reaching the 1187 crit cap in PvP, although its possible in R8 gear with a good core. More likely you're just confused about how the crit cap works.

The soft cap for crit is 1187 crit rating. Ignore percentages. The crit rating is all that matters. The hard cap is something like 2000 crit rating, but that doesn't matter because no one can ever reach it. Again, the percentage doesn't matter, only the rating. Buffs, talents, abilities, etc. that increase your % chance to crit, but not your crit rating do not count towards the cap.

Anyway, the reason you use dex enchants is because it gives you 10 crit, 5 AP and 10 dodge. This puts it ahead of any other enchants in PvP, even if you were crit capped.
    Valor > Hit > Endurance > Dex for PvP. You can't touch a trollicar without at least 150 hit, and you don't want to give up your necklace.
    ~Quiescent

And that's why we pvp with HK weapons....

Off tic: dun is right with the dex runes. I just run baneful because I'm horribad and lazy to swap.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post

Off tic: dun is right with the dex runes. I just run baneful because I'm horribad and lazy to swap.
    Veng enchant.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post

I use my HK weapons for PvPing, and I use my PvP bow for HKing!
    Dderrrrpp
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I use my HK weapons for PvPing, and I use my PvP bow for HKing!
    Dderrrrpp
    not everyone has hk weps. hence why hit runes are viable for some people.

+ Reply to Thread