+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow

Thread: 51Sin?

Soulwalker

Default 51Sin?

Could I get a viable pvp build revolving around 51 sin? If you could maybe post your macros along with it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by PvP Communist View Post
    Could I get a viable pvp build revolving around 51 sin? If you could maybe post your macros along with it.
    This can't be a serious question, can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Telaran

A lot of builds here if you search for them. It really is 51 sin/15 x/0 x or 51 sin/12 x/3 x or 51 sin/10 x/5 x.

51 sin/15mm and 51 sin/15 inf are pretty common.

Hope that helps,
    Malar
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    This can't be a serious question, can it?
    QFT

macro backstab, puncture, poison malice and exposed weakness and wait for people at mid-health then pop out of stealth and kill them. Other than the discipline and patience you need to do this well and survive continuously, it is ezmode.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I recommend getting everything, on account of math.

#show Savage Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Quick Shot

51 assassin 15 infil 0 ranger

Been using this since March for my stealth build. Serpent Strike is the hardest hitting melee ability that doesn't require stealth to activate ( Assassinate ) and it activates on a crit and it's avail every 8 seconds. ( Water dmg + weapon and 100% dmg bonus from atk pwr ). It hit's VERY hard.

The concept behind this build is mostly to target cloth, ranged rogues and dps focused warrior setups. You obviously will have to be crafty against a defensive type build but it is very effective and offers a lot of utility.

The infill tree gives you Cleanse Soul ( Most OP ability for a rogue hands down ), another Break free ability, 10% more critical dmg ( Stacks with the 20% from the assassin tree ), 6% more dmg to players and Focused Intent ( up to 20% more dmg ).

This build is not for the player who wants to charge right in and start swinging, this is a more subtle approach to playing a rogue and requires patience and a good understanding of recognizing builds of the enemy player you plan on attacking to be successful on a consistent basis.

The o ranger ability allows gives you a free ranged shot and a ranged finisher. So your always putting dmg on the player if they get out of your melee attacks.

Another key advantage with a high point assassin build is the Blinding Powder( Single target 10 sec blind ) and the 44 pt ability Poison gas ( AoE blind for 6 secs ). These are VERY useful for a variety of situations and can create a lot of opportunity for capping flags, returning stones ect ect....combine it with your Cleanse soul ( can be used in stealth and won't break you out ) and lets say you can create some very unique opportunities for yourself that are not avail to others. Slip away get's people frustrated and gives you an advantage if things get out of hand for you.
    ( Make sure you have Hidden Veil on at all times if possible ) The blinds can also be used as interrupts on casters so remember that.

I have over 350,000 kills, I was the first R2-6 and 6-8 on my server and use this build on a regular basis. You don't see many pure assassin builds in warfront's. You can create a lot of uneasiness for the opposing team if you learn to play the spec to it's maximum potential.

The build is very demoralizing to your enemies and will give you psychological advantage. ( Players constantly looking over their shoulder, making multiple players commit to an area or simply not leaving the start point because they know ( are you really there or not ) your going to get them.

Hope this help's and gives you a sample of what this build is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafria View Post
    You don't see many pure assassin builds in warfront's.
    You don't see many pure assassin builds in warfronts because they're good for literally one attempt at ganking someone and probably failing with any amount of healing around (or anyone else around for that matter).

So you're limited to blowing one guy up every two minutes for slip away's CD, or you kill someone, and then die afterwards.

Though you can mop up the occasional random guy off by himself somewhere.

Assassin is a solo ganking soul. 51 sin has no place in WFs, at least not if you intend to actually contribute to the team instead of being a deadweight sitting in stealth picking your nose while you wait for your CDs.

Your effective combat stamina is 15 seconds after you open from stealth. Any longer than that and you're in serious trouble.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 12-24-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafria View Post
    #show Savage Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Quick Shot

51 assassin 15 infil 0 ranger
    Didn't read the rest but felt like I should mention that OGCD abilites always go at the bottom of the macro. Including things like reprisal. This creates less of a delay in ability q'ing when the ogcd ability is on cooldown. As long as you are hitting the button more than once a second and have enough energy, the ogcd abilities will go off.

So move expose weakness and poison malice to the bottom.
    Last edited by Knightcrawler; 12-24-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

51 sin isn't viable for pvp
    ~Quiescent

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    51 sin isn't viable for pvp
    I <3 51sin/15infil with my HK 4p

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    I <3 51sin/15infil with my HK 4p
    4pc hk doesn't count
    ~Quiescent

Champion

4pc hk doesn't count
    Damn! :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    Damn! :P lol
    LOL for sure, i made a full out bleed spec just to kill people that cant heal with Jagged > puncture > impale >/lol & walk away as they die.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

51sin/15infil/0 MM or RNG

Don't even need macro's, not an overload of abilities. I suppose you could macro savage strike and backstab together but that would be it. Sometimes it can be hard to know when you caught the back for that split moment in pvp. But I prefer to keep stuff like even puncture and serpant strike out of macros. You will end up redundantly using CP builders a lot when you could have dropped a finisher instead of adding more CP's than neccesary. An assassin who uses all their abilities selectively can continually build 5cp really fast.

4pc hk doesn't count
    Relic weapons doesn't count either, I take it =P

+ Reply to Thread