+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clarith

Thread: Back from an extended leave - help?

Soulwalker

Default Back from an extended leave - help?

I recently returned to Rift after stopping playing around the end of 1.2, and am trying to get back moving. I'm looking for a bit of help with builds - one solo, one pvp, and one for dungeons/etc.

I was suggested http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dAdsM00dz#Tree for the solo build, as it's easy to stay alive, but I have no idea what to do for a rotation as I always played rng, mm, or sabo. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Telaran

Your spam macro should look something like this
    Precision strike
    Puncture
    Quick strike
    Keen strike

Then you can have expose weakness in there, but it might energy starve you.

Always use deadly strike as your finisher. That should get you started.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Soulwalker

Cool Any suggestions for AoE? I know Dancing Steel is in there, do I just spam that alone or work it in with the normal macro?

Spam Twin Strike and Rift Disturbance for AOE, but still using Deadly Strike as a finisher (makes your next Twin Strikes hit harder, and does more damage than just using Compund Attack).

Also, for that build you linked, lose Dancing Steel and Disengage, ditch Rift Barrier (the amount of damage you reflect is pathetic) and get Ruthless Stalker and Improved Rift Guard. That'll put you up to 20RS and get you Shadow Blitz, which should give you three plane shifts each on a 25-second cooldown and let you chain your shifts together to keep a 100% uptime on the Stalker Phase/Ruthless Stalker buffs.

If you're mostly solo farming, you might want to lose another point from BD and grab Planar Vortex - it's broken as hell for AOE farming, and with the deflect from Guardian Phase and a tank trinket like Arkryon's Mirror you pretty much can't die against melee mobs.
    Last edited by JimboTCB; 12-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VbdG0MM.V0xudR

This is the best build i have ever made for soloing. In the guide in my Signature there is a whole section on how to play it, as well there are a TON of builds for DPS in there. If you are just returning though, the build i would recommend for dungeons is "Blink Blade", which is almost exactly the same as the solo build i linked, but with a few points moved around.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread