+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help critique my riftstalker build?

Soulwalker

Default help critique my riftstalker build?

I'm enjoying this rs/r/bard build at lot at lvl 33. I love the mobility, buffs, suvivability, and ability to pull.

But I would love suggestions on better soul point allocation.... perhaps I'm wasting points in something that can have a better impact elsewhere, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...IzhuRzzkkR.x0z

Take Bolster instead of Killing Focus (Ranger).
    Get Planar Refuge.

Rest looks alright. You didn't put any points in Great Fortitude, but I don't think that's a problem at your level and gear. Max out Riftstalker from now on (spare point in 3/3 Bolster and 1/3 Street Smarts) to enhance your Rift Guard and you're good to go.
    Last edited by Cinerus; 12-18-2011 at 02:16 AM.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

Soulwalker

Thanks Cinerus. That's helpful.

Another question: How do I use "planar switch" effectively? I'm thinking of using that point elswhere because it seems a wasted action as I always just get only one additional point on my target without any damage when using it - even if I just killed a mob next to the new target with five points on it.

Also, I forgot to mention this is meant to be a PvE build, mostly solo.

But, would a build like this be good in group dungeon raid? How do riftstalkers work in PvP? and what kind of changes (support soul choices?) should be made to make it PvP viable? Can riftstalker play a DPS role in PvP or should it pretty much always settle into a goal carrier/tank mode for PvP?

Thanks!

If you're soloing, just put 20 in riftstalker, 14 in assassin(had to edit because I put ***, HEH) and the rest into BD as you level. If you're tanking, max out Riftstalker. Always. Though, I'd probably go 5-8 points in BD and start filling up ranger for the health/damage reduction the higher you get.
    Last edited by Venditte; 12-18-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikapp515 View Post
    Thanks Cinerus. That's helpful.

Another question: How do I use "planar switch" effectively? I'm thinking of using that point elswhere because it seems a wasted action as I always just get only one additional point on my target without any damage when using it - even if I just killed a mob next to the new target with five points on it.

Also, I forgot to mention this is meant to be a PvE build, mostly solo.

But, would a build like this be good in group dungeon raid? How do riftstalkers work in PvP? and what kind of changes (support soul choices?) should be made to make it PvP viable? Can riftstalker play a DPS role in PvP or should it pretty much always settle into a goal carrier/tank mode for PvP?

Thanks!
    Planar switch is pretty useless for a 31 point talent. Things you can use it for:

- Switching your combopoints to a near-dead add and thus healing you with Rift Scavenger.
    - Switching to a new mob when your target is about to die and thus not wasting your combopoints (combopoints are fairly worthless right now though, considering the ease of getting your buffs up)

For PVP, forget about being a tank. The only way to be meanful as a high Riftstalker is stone running (Scion, Whitefall). Most PVP specs use Riftstalker as a side-soul, but never going beyond 18/22 points.

You say your build is mainly for Solo use. I'd suggest a different build then.

Solo spec

You can change the points around to what you like most, as long as you have Poison Mastery, Rift Scavenger and Deadly Dance.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

+ Reply to Thread