+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Puandro

Thread: AP vs. CRIT for 1.6 PVE DPS Scaling - discussion.

Default AP vs. CRIT for 1.6 PVE DPS Scaling - discussion.

I've been endlessly parsing Bloodstalker / Blinkblade / Nightblade against eachother, and they all seem about even, though I feel like Bloodstalker scales better with AP than the other two from Expose Weakness.

Before I kill myself filling a new source engine with purely AP essences, I wanted to get a good discussion on the remaining benefits in 1.6 to keeping yourself at crit cap before maxing out your AP.

Is AP worth stacking into pre 1187 soft crit cap?

Or is crit cap still a must before concerning yourself with AP?

Crit cap for everything. Crit gives you more bang for your buck. If the rating for crit wasn't so severely diminished from the soft cap+, than a lot of specs would stack crit endlessly until something like, 75-80%

For you sigil stack AP, you wont replace it soon.

Gor your gear it depends, i been stacking AP since GSB and now into HK i am about 90 crit away from cap and i have 4-5 pieces of gear, i see myself crit capped with a few more itens.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Maxing AP in the source core / sigil seems the best idea when running Bloodstalker anyways, as it offers 20% crit within the spec itself. Maybe it's worth keeping a crit core and ap core though, but for scaling purposes it really seems like AP takes the cake. Especially if you hit crit cap when raid buffed.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    I've been endlessly parsing Bloodstalker / Blinkblade / Nightblade against eachother, and they all seem about even, though I feel like Bloodstalker scales better with AP than the other two from Expose Weakness.

Before I kill myself filling a new source engine with purely AP essences, I wanted to get a good discussion on the remaining benefits in 1.6 to keeping yourself at crit cap before maxing out your AP.

Is AP worth stacking into pre 1187 soft crit cap?

Or is crit cap still a must before concerning yourself with AP?
    Crit cap yourself. Its 1020 Crit unbuffed and its easy as hell to get. Then get all AP. This is not really debatable because its so easy to get the crit cap and so terrible to go above it.

+ Reply to Thread