+ Reply to Thread

Thread: riftstalker builds

Soulwalker

Default riftstalker builds

So i was wondering for a Rogue running T2 dungeons and working on starting some T1 raids whats the better tanking build these days. right now im running 51RS/8Bladedancer/7Bard. i only have about 9100 health though. seems a little low compared to other tanks (not just rogues) ive seen. theres also the RS/bard/ranger spec as well. question is whats the best spec these days. thanks in advance

Phurion

Ascendant

That spec isn't bad. But I'd definitely switch out that 7 Bard for 7 Ranger. The 4% mitigation from 2/3 in Ranger's Bolster is more effective than the extra HP from Bard. I've always used the 51 RS/7 RNG/8 Blade spec and found it to be a steady and dependable build.

I wouldn't worry too much over max health though 9100 seems to be very low. If that's the case that's an equipment thing, not spec, and will be sorted out with time and effort on your part so just keep at it.
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Rogue tanks scale incredibly well with more Endurance, as they have loads of percentage bonus talents. Your maximum HP will start increasingly very quickly as you get gear with more endurance, but 9k should be fine for T2s. More mitigation is generally better than just having a bigger HP pool, and tank gear has plenty of endurance on it, so don't worry about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by vulgamore View Post
    So i was wondering for a Rogue running T2 dungeons and working on starting some T1 raids whats the better tanking build these days. right now im running 51RS/8Bladedancer/7Bard. i only have about 9100 health though. seems a little low compared to other tanks (not just rogues) ive seen. theres also the RS/bard/ranger spec as well. question is whats the best spec these days. thanks in advance

Phurion
    I still use that spec when i tank because i like having a ranged CP builder, and because i really hate giving up sidesteps. Liberal use of sidesteps can make a huge difference, and i am comfortable with the hp i am giving up to get it. But a lot of people run the bard/ ranger spec or the BD/ Bard spec, and really any of them will suffice for anything you will be running into in T2's.
    Last edited by Gyle; 12-17-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

Also try rolling 5 sab instead of bard decent deflect buff

+ Reply to Thread