Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pink Freud

Thread: Great Bard build

Default Great Bard build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dqiqskqz.Vhb.V
    (link to the build)

First equip the souls Riftstalker Bard and Saboteur

Now max out the bard tree

On rift stalker max Unseen fury for the attack power bonus, then max Boosted recovery for hp gain on your self then spend 2 points in Great fortitude to have more hp

On the Saboteur tree get the Dex bonus

For my ability use

About verse of Joy
    Always use this when in a group when it is up

Motifs (always use especially in group/raid)
    Motif of Grandeur > Motif of Regeneration > Motif of Tenacity > Motif of Focus > Motif of Bravery
    Use motifs again when one gets around 10 seconds

Solo Damage
    (Priority rotation) Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Cowardice > Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Jeopardy
    (Repeat process in order when either coda gets low)

Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Wrath
    (use while Priority Rotation still has debuffs above 10 seconds)

Group Debuff rotation

With Rouges and warriors
    Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Cowardice

With Mages and clerics
    Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Distress

With All callings in group

Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Cowardice > Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Distress

Emergency heals Roataion

Cadence > Power Chord > Virtuoso > Spam: Coda of Restoration

Primary rotation for Group/raid

Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Restoration

Buffs
    In all cases Use Fanfare of Vigor

If a warrior or rouge is in group use Fanfare of Power

If a mage or cleric is in the group use Fanfare of Knowledge

By default you should always have Anthem of Fervor up

If you running away from something use Anthem of Competence for a quicker getaway

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Athran View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dqiqskqz.Vhb.V
    (link to the build)

First equip the souls Riftstalker Bard and Saboteur

Now max out the bard tree

On rift stalker max Unseen fury for the attack power bonus, then max Boosted recovery for hp gain on your self then spend 2 points in Great fortitude to have more hp

On the Saboteur tree get the Dex bonus

For my ability use

About verse of Joy
    Always use this when in a group when it is up

Motifs (always use especially in group/raid)
    Motif of Grandeur > Motif of Regeneration > Motif of Tenacity > Motif of Focus > Motif of Bravery
    Use motifs again when one gets around 10 seconds

Solo Damage
    (Priority rotation) Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Cowardice > Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Jeopardy
    (Repeat process in order when either coda gets low)

Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Wrath
    (use while Priority Rotation still has debuffs above 10 seconds)

Group Debuff rotation

With Rouges and warriors
    Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Cowardice

With Mages and clerics
    Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Distress

With All callings in group

Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Cowardice > Cadence > Power Chord > Coda of Distress

Emergency heals Roataion

Cadence > Power Chord > Virtuoso > Spam: Coda of Restoration

Buffs
    In all cases Use Fanfare of Vigor

If a warrior or rouge is in group use Fanfare of Power

If a mage or cleric is in the group use Fanfare of Knowledge

By default you should always have Anthem of Fervor up

If you running away from something use Anthem of Competence for a quicker getaway
    you can apply all 3 fanfares since 1.6

I know i was saying what stuff to use in what conditions

Sword of Telara

For soloing a Deadly Dance Bard will kill things quicker, and for raiding a Brd/MM/RS will heal better and a Brd/Sin will buff the raid better.

Soulwalker

There are many builds that will outperform this.

Bards dont scale well at all. You dont want to max out dexterity OR attack power via talents when there are significant %damage increases available.

Because of ^^ you should almost always have nightblade as a soul in your bard spec if you are speccing for output.
    Because of || you should have MM as the third soul if you are speccing for output.
    Because of || you should run 51/8/7 bard/nb/mm for maximum effeciency. (estrode is different story)

A lot of people want more attackpower for higher coda of restorations because, unlike cadence, coda of restoration does scale somewhat with attackpower, but the extra amount it heals in the ~15-20% of the time you use it in a fight doesnt even compare with the extra damage/healing the %damage modifiers boosts cadence. When your cadence is critting for 360-400 each tick (most of the fight when youre crit capped as well) you actually feel important.

Ofcourse if you dont care much to min/max barding for raids and are just WAITING FOR FULL TIME BARDS TO APP TO YOUR GUILD THAT CLEARS 10/11HK IN 3 HOURS EVERY WEEK so you can dps.. *cough*(anyone out there???) , you can ignore this reply and play any bard variation that has fervor and ressurect.
    Last edited by Maggioxg9; 12-15-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Dizaster@Deepwood
    <Dominance>
    P8, 10/11HK

"In the end it's all just a bunch of 0's and 1's being compared..."

Soulwalker

Didnt see this section when I made my post.

In terms of healing output you dont want to cadence->power chord->coda of restoration religiously. In times of a lot of aoe healing, master Cadence - > 2/3 Cadence ->CoR. The rest of the time you spam cadence-> cadence ->cadence ->cadence etc. until either a)the tank keeps spiking in health, or b)more than 1 person takes >1000 damage. Then you Coda of Restoration.

Spamming CoR (when less than 2 people took >1000damage) every 4-5 seconds via powerchord isnt very productive because it leaves you in a position where you are possibly waiting for a global to start a cadence at 0 combo points, and then of course the raid takes a good amount of damage, and by the time you get up to 5 combo points again the clerics and chloro already have people healed, you just overhealed 80% of your coda, and we are back to square one where people are full health and you are using CoR again. In the scenario I provided, you are already mid cast of a cadence when the raid takes damage, people get a tick or a few of that, and then bam instant 5 point coda that barely overheals (unless your healers are just amazingly quick which is NOT rare a lot of good players in this game, you must fight to get your heals in!). Youll notice this change in your hps and it will reflect upon the raids survivability very quick, especially in circumstances where the raid takes constant damage ticks for a few seconds (Inwar's Dark Tides, Hylas's soul fracture etc.).
    Dizaster@Deepwood
    <Dominance>
    P8, 10/11HK

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maggioxg9 View Post
    There are many builds that will outperform this.

Bards dont scale well at all. You dont want to max out dexterity OR attack power via talents when there are significant %damage increases available.

Because of ^^ you should almost always have nightblade as a soul in your bard spec if you are speccing for output.
    Because of || you should have MM as the third soul if you are speccing for output.
    Because of || you should run 51/8/7 bard/nb/mm for maximum effeciency. (estrode is different story)

A lot of people want more attackpower for higher coda of restorations because, unlike cadence, coda of restoration does scale somewhat with attackpower, but the extra amount it heals in the ~15-20% of the time you use it in a fight doesnt even compare with the extra damage/healing the %damage modifiers boosts cadence. When your cadence is critting for 360-400 each tick (most of the fight when youre crit capped as well) you actually feel important.

Ofcourse if you dont care much to min/max barding for raids and are just WAITING FOR FULL TIME BARDS TO APP TO YOUR GUILD THAT CLEARS 10/11HK IN 3 HOURS EVERY WEEK so you can dps.. *cough*(anyone out there???) , you can ignore this reply and play any bard variation that has fervor and ressurect.
    I'm standing by Bard/Sin/Whatever

If you're ever in a raid that doesn't have bloodstalkers this spec allows the extra 5% Crit chance to still be implemented. Bard is about buffing, so might as well bring teh buffs.

Didnt see this section when I made my post.

In terms of healing output you dont want to cadence->power chord->coda of restoration religiously. In times of a lot of aoe healing, master Cadence - > 2/3 Cadence ->CoR. The rest of the time you spam cadence-> cadence ->cadence ->cadence etc. until either a)the tank keeps spiking in health, or b)more than 1 person takes >1000 damage. Then you Coda of Restoration.

Spamming CoR (when less than 2 people took >1000damage) every 4-5 seconds via powerchord isnt very productive because it leaves you in a position where you are possibly waiting for a global to start a cadence at 0 combo points, and then of course the raid takes a good amount of damage, and by the time you get up to 5 combo points again the clerics and chloro already have people healed, you just overhealed 80% of your coda, and we are back to square one where people are full health and you are using CoR again. In the scenario I provided, you are already mid cast of a cadence when the raid takes damage, people get a tick or a few of that, and then bam instant 5 point coda that barely overheals (unless your healers are just amazingly quick which is NOT rare a lot of good players in this game, you must fight to get your heals in!). Youll notice this change in your hps and it will reflect upon the raids survivability very quick, especially in circumstances where the raid takes constant damage ticks for a few seconds (Inwar's Dark Tides, Hylas's soul fracture etc.).
    Ok let me see if I got this right. You keep the five dots up till the group needs a raid heal? That way it helps the raid.

Then my question is, what about the two finisher. Do you uses this or just spam till you need the 5 points. Or do you try to get these in if the whole raid is healthy.

Second question to forums. Do you stack ap or crits for source stone. I have four spots open and in process of making mine. So far I have the greater that spam 1k in heals on proc to 10 raid members and one that spam 500 heals. I Might need a better greater not sure on this question.
    Thank you
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Second question to forums. Do you stack ap or crits for source stone. I have four spots open and in process of making mine. So far I have the greater that spam 1k in heals on proc to 10 raid members and one that spam 500 heals. I Might need a better greater not sure on this question.
    Thank you
    I am of the school of thought that if you go MM/RS in your bard and playing ranged bard, you want to stack AP, as that just synergizes with your sub specs.

Melee bard would be more of a toss up, as buffed up cadences critting is some pretty nice HPS

look for shield greaters
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-16-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    I'm standing by Bard/Sin/Whatever

If you're ever in a raid that doesn't have bloodstalkers this spec allows the extra 5% Crit chance to still be implemented. Bard is about buffing, so might as well bring teh buffs.
    Lol thats not even the best way to buff the raid. 49nb/17sin and bloodstalker both spread the 5% crit.

I just started using 15 ranger and kept piercing shot up on important targets, its the best armor debuff in game and if any of ur rogues still play a MM they are gimped and if they use 3/3 piercing shot they are even more gimped.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    Lol thats not even the best way to buff the raid. 49nb/17sin and bloodstalker both spread the 5% crit.

I just started using 15 ranger and kept piercing shot up on important targets, its the best armor debuff in game and if any of ur rogues still play a MM they are gimped and if they use 3/3 piercing shot they are even more gimped.
    49NB/17Sin uses Hellfire Blades and Smoldering Blades.

Soulwalker

Ok let me see if I got this right. You keep the five dots up till the group needs a raid heal? That way it helps the raid.
    Pretty much. You want to utilize Coda of Restoration to be a reactive heal and utilize Cadence to be a preemptive heal. This means spamming Cadence even after 5 combo points often. However, with repetition of fights, you should become aware of the these times in the fight where no one is really taking damage, and even if motifs are already up, refresh them anyways. This leaves you in a position where you are maybe refreshing motifs more than once every 30 seconds BUT if the raid suddenly needs a heal you have a 5point CoR you can bust out, and then return to finishing motifs.

Then my question is, what about the two finisher. Do you uses this or just spam till you need the 5 points. Or do you try to get these in if the whole raid is healthy.
    I always use riff on the pull to put up Coda of Jeapardy. If there is no archon I also spend the next 2 rotations to put up the physical and magic debuffs, and yes, try to refresh in times of safetey. A lot of the times the timing wont be ideal for refreshing during safetey so after ~50 seconds, unless its a point in the fight where you normally virtuoso and spam CoR to keep the raid up, refresh the debuffs even if the raid is taking constant healable damage (your chloro and clerics should still be able to keep the raid up fine).

Thank you
    Having healing or shield essences in your source machine is fine, but you really need to be crit capped. Luckily full HK gear grants me this luxury without having to make any changes, but for the lesser geared bards you need to maximize your crit. Having a lot of 150-200 cadence ticks isnt good. Id suggest reading other threads (theres a link on Qan's dps spreadsheet) for determining how much crit you need to be capped.
    Dizaster@Deepwood
    <Dominance>
    P8, 10/11HK

Pretty much. You want to utilize Coda of Restoration to be a reactive heal and utilize Cadence to be a preemptive heal. This means spamming Cadence even after 5 combo points often. However, with repetition of fights, you should become aware of the these times in the fight where no one is really taking damage, and even if motifs are already up, refresh them anyways. This leaves you in a position where you are maybe refreshing motifs more than once every 30 seconds BUT if the raid suddenly needs a heal you have a 5point CoR you can bust out, and then return to finishing motifs.

I always use riff on the pull to put up Coda of Jeapardy. If there is no archon I also spend the next 2 rotations to put up the physical and magic debuffs, and yes, try to refresh in times of safetey. A lot of the times the timing wont be ideal for refreshing during safetey so after ~50 seconds, unless its a point in the fight where you normally virtuoso and spam CoR to keep the raid up, refresh the debuffs even if the raid is taking constant healable damage (your chloro and clerics should still be able to keep the raid up fine).

Having healing or shield essences in your source machine is fine, but you really need to be crit capped. Luckily full HK gear grants me this luxury without having to make any changes, but for the lesser geared bards you need to maximize your crit. Having a lot of 150-200 cadence ticks isnt good. Id suggest reading other threads (theres a link on Qan's dps spreadsheet) for determining how much crit you need to be capped.
    Cool, thank your for your response. I have read a ton of forums on rogue and quite few web sights. It still amazing a person fines some new info in this game.

As far as crits go I am at 32% without my core or self buff. With core and self buff for my dps spec it right at 56%. So I think my critical are right on in the core spot. Till I get some Hk gear. Yes, I stack a lot of dex and critical hit gear. As not sure on ap in this game as a whole. I know the higher the crits are he better dps is in general.

So I might just use the four lesser to stick more critics and see how that going to work out. Then I can go from there on making my bard source stone. Thus, thank you for information.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    49NB/17Sin uses Hellfire Blades and Smoldering Blades.
    Cept for it doesnt when it benefits the raid more to spread 5% crit on aoe, and on single target bloodstalker spreads it. So hm
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

What i use for souls are my choices I use different souls for different aspects and it works for me

+ Reply to Thread