+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger.. PVP.. Say what? Any advise

Telaran

Default Ranger.. PVP.. Say what? Any advise

HI all. So I play a 51 assassian for world,warfronts,pve, really everything I love it. I tried out a ranger yesterday and I had allot of fun with controlling my pet and shooting people. I tried marksman before but
    I do not like it. I had no fun. I play to have fun. Anyways..

I know that the general concept is ranger sucks in pvp. I did ok last night in pvp I ran a 51 ranger 15 infil 0 blade dancer. I like diffuse one you get a 44 where all your damage goes to your pet, you use that and hela your pet while people banging on you. Anyways, I was hoping that some other people might pvp
    as a ranger as well and was wondering for some tips and advise and possible other builds you might use with the ranger. I wouyld like to be heavy ranger pref 51 points just for some kicks but atleast 38-40points in that soul.

Again, I know that just about everyone says rangers sucks in pvp and their soul needs work. I had fun with it, and just looking to continue having some more fun with it and hope to get some other ideas or advise on the matter. Thanks.
    The truth is something people say they want to hear, but truly do not want to hear it.

Shadowlander

Hi Jaydaen,

I don't play ranger, being an assassin myself and loving it, but I must say I like your gaming philosophy! Congratulations for playing for fun and digging a spec that's overlooked!

Have fun and keep it up!

I'd go heavy into MM if you go ranger. You don't need to use the MM playstyle, but the speed buffs and being able to attack in melee range are mandatory.

I tried a higher ranger a couple of times. Not being able to shoot players who're in melee range kills ranger for pvp.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

jca
    Rift Chaser

There's some synergy between Trickshot and Rift Scavenger as well if you go a bit into RS.
    Last edited by jca; 12-15-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Telaran

What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    There's some synergy between Trickshot and Rift Scavenger as well if you go a bit into RS.
    The truth is something people say they want to hear, but truly do not want to hear it.

Rift Disciple

You can try, and you've heard this before, but ranger is pretty terrible in pvp (and pve)... The damage output is pathetic in comparison to MM, without offering anything more in terms of survivability or utility.

+ Reply to Thread